Vera Wang in Dublin and London

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sprocket Posts: 1671
Just thought I'd let you ladies know that Vera Wang is gone from Brown Thomas in Dublin and from Selfridges in London. If you've bought a dress with them, they'll still have your alterations there etc but as of December 30th 2010 they were taking no new orders. But there will be a new Vera Wang flagship store opening in March in London instead.
realta Posts: 820
that's interesting to know i had tried on a few dresses in brown thomas but think it was kinda mad money fun to try them on though!
Sprocket Posts: 1671
they are mad money alright...but once you're hooked, you're hooked! However saying that, I did try one on that made me cry it was so lovely, but as it was around £13,000 I said no thanks!
nelle Posts: 552
I think I'm one of the oddballs out there that really don't like Vera Wang dresses!! Went brousing with 2 of my bridesmaids one day and there was a free slot if we waited 15 mins but I really couldn't be bothered - just couldn't see any of the balls of fluff I saw there that I thought would suit me!! :-8
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
This was mentioned in a thread before Xmas....I was quite surprised to hear it. When I was shopping for my dress I went in a couple of times I'm not that mad about the dresses either but thought what the hell will never get a chance to try on dresses this price ever again. Had zero intention of buying them though!