WALLPAPER!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
Im going on for aaaaaaaages at h2b to get wallpaper for the bottom part of walls downstairs. So today we got it, its creamy colour with little green and brown leaves on it, the bottom part of walls are about a 3rd of the size of the wall but down stairs is open plan so it will be going the whole way round. Got home and just put it up to the wall and i think its to "busy" looking! Has anyone done this? Im afraid to do it incase its to much and i want it took down :-8 h2b will kill me! Would really just like your opinions on doing this before/if i take the plunge O-O Edited to add, the top part of the walls are cream, curtains brown. and just bought some green cushions today.
prettylady Posts: 578
I think from the description its sounds nice, I can visulaise it with the green and de leaves! make sure u no wot u doin beofre trying to put it up as it oculd be a messy job :o0 with wallpaper paste etc hth :thnk
Thanks prettylady, the thought of it looking to busy terrifies me! Oh what to do! Anyone else?
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
I recently wallpapered one wall in the dining room and I love it!!! It is only one feature wall, and when I put up the 1st sheet of paper I thought the print was too big. Then as the rest of the sheets went up, it really came together and now I love it. But be warned, its a very tricky and time consuming job. I though you could just throw it up in a matter of hours , but it really can be tedious....Thank God for my mothers help, she is an expert in wallpapering!! Your paper sounds great...go for it, its not the end of the world if you hate it. And the fact that you are only doing the lower wall, it defintely wont look too busy. Good luck with it !!!!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I think it sounds lovely. Dont forget you are thinking of this as a blank wall... but in reality it will have couches, TVs etc etc against it to break it up
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
Cut a few sheets and get some blue tack and stick up a couple with the blue tack and see what you think? I'm hopeless at visualising stuff like that! I have to physically see it?
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
I think that sounds gorgeous! I would love to redecorate, very jealous !
Im still debating about it :o0 Im such an indecisive person god damn it.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="bride-2b":2kunil8k]Cut a few sheets and get some blue tack and stick up a couple with the blue tack and see what you think? I'm hopeless at visualising stuff like that! I have to physically see it?[/quote:2kunil8k] Thats a very good idea