waxing "down there"

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tanyababy. Posts: 511
anyone getting a wax done for the birth. I hadnt planned to but just someone put it into my head and now Im thinking maybe I should do it. Cannot face the thought of it but at the same time Im wondering if its teh done thing. Any thoughts anyone?
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I was thinking of that the other day & I think when it comes to it I will! :-8
Woodstock Posts: 1565
i think i will when the time comes.. I remember asking my beautician before and she said it's very common and in fact that very same day she had a girl going in for a brazilian and she was due that very same day!! Also it's better to wax than to shave as the last thing you want is the discomfort of the hair growing too hard and too soon especially when we'll be in bits down there! ;o(
2to3 Posts: 182
Hey Deffo going to do this !! - not a huge waxer of those areas in the normal run of things but will feel much more comfortable looking as tidy as possible - also - reckon will get loads of sympathy and understanding from waxing person at the time - as will clearly be ready to pop !!!
dreamer Posts: 3941
Yep - I am definitely getting a bikini wax. Don't know if I will go for the full brazilian (although have had it done before) But just a good tidy up job if you know what I mean! :o0 Must book it now though as not long left!!
fabcards Posts: 541
yes i got a good tidy up done the week before i was due...didnt want to leave it too late! Went over 4 days and when i finally got to see down there it wasnt so tidy after all :eek :eek
oddwire Posts: 842
I had a 'good' wax done a couple of weeks ago, lot more taken off than normal, underneath etc where I would never normally get done. I plan on keeping this topped up until the birth as it'll be less painful / less growth each time and won't have 'plucked chicken' look going in. Beautician also told me that a lot of women get a big job done just before they go in!
wombats Posts: 665
I got a bikini and leg wax done about 2 weeks before just in case...sure enough, ended up with an emergency section. Just before going down for the section, the midwife came in with her razor to just 'give me a little shave'....was I glad to be able to say I'd already taken care of it...!!! Definitely think everyone should have this wax done before, you never know!!!