Wedding dress regret

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

elaine2014 Posts: 20
Hope all the wedding planning is going well! Got married 6 weeks ago & am having major wedding dress regret! Can't seem to get it out of my head, loved it on the day but when I look back at photos I think it looks terrible, it creased really bad at my waist from sitting down, I think now it might have been a tad too tight at my hips! Has anyone ever felt like this & how did u overcome it? Sorry for the moan! Xxxx
lydiared Posts: 127
Hi There, I've still to get married so I can't speak from your point of view but I bet if you loved your dress on the day, you shone and looked beautiful in it. It sounds like you're doing a bit of a wedding postmortem at the minute and finding faults where I'm betting on the day there were none. So your dress was a bit creased - I'm sure no one would have noticed!! And tight on the hips - I'd wager anything no one noticed anything. Hope you can get over the doubt though and look back fondly on your wonderful day. x
Casperlady Posts: 166
Don't worry Hun I'm sure you looked beautiful. Remember Kate Middletons dress was creased when she got out of the car at her wedding and that was the wedding of a lifetime and she looked amazing. No one is going to remember your dress being creased just how beautiful and happy you looked
Mrs-C-to-be Posts: 71
Hi to be honest I felt the same when I saw myself in my photos. On the day I felt amazing and everyone said how gorgeous it looked, but in the photos it's just not as flattering as I remembered. I was quite upset initially, but thinking about it logically, every wedding I go to I think the bride looks stunning, and often when I see pictures of them afterwards, the pictures don't do the dress justice. I'm just glad I felt good in it on the day and I think you should too xx
elaine2014 Posts: 20
Thanks ladies, just getting myself a bit worked up, good to vent! I did love it on the day & felt great, just kinda wish people didn't post every pic on Facebook!! Thanks so much for your kind replies, feeling a lot better xxxxx
CasualBride Posts: 574
My wedding is next week and I had a fitting at the dressmakers yesterday and was totally unimpressed with my reflection in the mirror, even though I liked it every other time I saw it. I agree with Mrs-C-to-be about seeing photos of other brides who looked better in reality than in the pictures.. it's only to be expected when you think about "normal" photos of events / nights out etc, we might look deadly in the flesh but a flat photograph just doesn't look the same. One of my best friends had a satiny dress that was so lovely on the day but recently I looked back over her photos and the dress was quite shiny in the pictures, so it just looked really different. I hope you're able to get past it when you look at your photos, concentrate on your face instead and it might help to distract your attention away from the dress until you forget about it xx
esla2016 Posts: 214
I got a couple of photos photoshopped by the photographer to remove the creases (actually from slip riding up) so I could hang them - now they look like how I felt :)
Vedalovelo Posts: 164
Ah bless you!!!! I agree about the post mortem, and Also I never noticed Kate's dressed being creased!! It's about the whole!!!! The whole thing is what people see, you're just zoning in on tiny perceived flaws. Someone wise once said to me that energy flows where focus goes. So try to focus on what you did like , and congrats!!!! :action32
Casperlady Posts: 166
[quote="Vedalovelo":3lvjhcsw]Ah bless you!!!! I agree about the post mortem, and Also I never noticed Kate's dressed being creased!! It's about the whole!!!! The whole thing is what people see, you're just zoning in on tiny perceived flaws. Someone wise once said to me that energy flows where focus goes. So try to focus on what you did like , and congrats!!!! :action32[/quote:3lvjhcsw] Yeah I was looking at pics of the royal wedding the other day on some article and noticed the skirt of her dress was all creased but that's the problem with taffeta type material
happyville Posts: 19
Hi Elaine2014, wow I could have written your original post! Feeling the exact same, absolutely loved my dress on the day and got so many compliments but looking back on photos there is a big crease around waist, even visible in church photos walking up aisle which I cant understand because the only sitting I did was for the 5 mins in wedding car . I was so annoyed over it because it wasn't visible to the naked eye on the day. Esla2016, was it a big ordeal to get your photos photoshopped? As in extra cost etc?