Wedding favours??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

moyra-smyth Posts: 511
Has anybody got any good alternative ideas for wedding favours as opposed to the usual chocolates/sweets?? :wv
playbunny Posts: 50
hi Hunnybun just wondering how much did they cost for those pocket paper things, since scratch tickets are three euro, would you give one to everyone of just one per couple... be over three hundred at ours..
red rose Posts: 57
HI Moyra, I actually ordered mine from the US. As we both like photography, we ordered small photo albums as favors, and they double as name card holders during dinner. And we popped in some photo's we made with some Irish blessings (just printed them of ourselves). And for the Parents and people involved, we ordered larger photo albums with engraving, so that they can use it as an album for the wedding pictures afterwards. We also have some rose candles in white and red as thank you for the people attending the afters. But then again, we don't have that many people attending. I did notice that the choice for favors is a lot better over in the US, and with the exchange rate, you can find nice gifts for very little money, even after the shipping costs! So I would say, google wedding favors and have fun :D :wv
playbunny Posts: 50
oh thanks a mil, been looking for something like that cheers O-O
phananta Posts: 330
We're having fortune cookies - on the little message inside, on one side it says our names and the date, and 'thank you for sharing our special day' or something like that, and on the other side you can write up to 5 different messages yourself, if you want to pay a bit more, you can put a little picture of the two of you on it aswell. I'm sick of the sight of them at the moment - 300 of them to put in favour boxes, and tie ribbons around :eek (they do come in a nice foil wrapping with a big heart on the front, but of course I decided that wasn't enough O:|
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
I was at a wedding lately and instead of wedding favours the bride and groom donated money to the irish hospice foundation and everyone got a little sachet of sunflower seeds to plant. thought it was fab.
June09SoExcited Posts: 598
We're having wine bottle stoppers for the girls and bottle openers for the boys ... ordered them from US and they only cost about £1 each! :o)ll [img:2q96q76m]http://www.efavormart.com/ProductImages/decormisc/accessory/stop_double.jpg[/img:2q96q76m] [img:2q96q76m]http://img1.iwascoding.de/1/2008/07/14/46D1B324979242C68E10AA71FEAC2E0C.jpg[/img:2q96q76m]
lexie Posts: 181
If you are giving a donation how do you go about letting your guests know? I would be interested in giving a donation to uchg as my son spent 3 months there but i would i advise people this is where favour money was sent???
mrsgameover Posts: 383
Hey Lexie, We are going with the charity donation as we think it is a lovely idea. I have seen the following as an option to put on a card at each setting: To family and friends Thank you for joining us, On this our wedding day. With much thought and consideration, We have chosen a special way to thank each and very one of you For sharing our wedding day, As we Lexi and Mr. Lexi Start our new life together. In lieu of a traditional wedding favour, we Have made a donation in honor of you to, CHARITY NAME HERE. As a charity close to our hearts, We feel one of the finest gifts Is a gift that will, help CHARITY NAME. We truly appreciate you being a Part of our special day.
lexie Posts: 181
Thats lovely!! Thanks a million