Wedding insurance

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AuntieD Posts: 760
Has anyone gotten this and if so, what kind of cover are you going for?
wollie2012 Posts: 76
Hi we got 4 star cover from weddinginsurance.ie Here's the link so you can see what's covered. http://www.weddinginsurance.ie/NewWeddi ... overName=4 Star&ReferralID=38080 HTH
thanks a mill!
seedee Posts: 1017
has anyone NOT gotten this and been stung with anything? actually, has anyone ever had to use their wedding insurance at all? i dont have it, and im not sure whether to bother at this stage.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Seedee, I know a girl who had it. She had everything booked for a wedding abroad and the place went bust. She got about €500 back after a LOT of arguing with the insurance company and lost the rest of the money. We didn't have it and nothing went wrong for us, we booked reputable people and paid deposits by credit card for added security.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
A friend took it out as she was getting married abroad - the week before the wedding, a family memeber had to be hospitalised and they had to cancel and then rescheulde the wedding. The insurance covered most of the bills.
belcra Posts: 1097
We got it just for peace of mind. I know of somebody who had a bad accident a few weeks before her wedding and was badly injured. They had wedding insurance and it was a godsend apparently. We got it on her recommendation. I don't know the details of what she got back etc I'm afraid.
thanks guys. Still undecided but I think we'll organise it. Belcra who did you get yours with
blue16 Posts: 201
I bought wedding insurance. I read somewhere that you insure your car every year, your wedding may cost more than your car so why would you not!. That made up my mind for me. Figured it was a tiny % of the total wedding budget and is worth the peace of mind it gives me in the current climate
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
We bought ours from dreamsaver, really reasonable price and i know a few people who have used it. Thankfully i didnt need it, but the piece of mind it gave was worth the money!