Week to start raspberry leaf tea???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tras Posts: 1460
It was recommened here a while ago to start drinking one cup a day from 32 weeks, and to up it to 2 cups at 36 weeks. But saw in a magazine today that you shouldn't drink it til after 37 weeks. Anyone have any idea?
susmurf Posts: 1060
You'll see all manner of advice on this one - particularly if you google it - some places even recommend that you don't take it at all until you're due - that it brings on labour. It was at my antenatal class that I was told 32 weeks, another article said 34 weeks, so I'm no help really!!
tras Posts: 1460
Thanks sus murf!!! And enjoy your last day at work tomorrow.....it's all getting so close now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
missc Posts: 875
In "what to expect when your expecting" there is a warning saying not to take it before your due date???????
girlymum Posts: 696
I was told 37wks.
susie05 Posts: 204
I was told 2 cups from 37 weeks on because technically its a full term baby after this.
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I've been drinking a cup every 2-3 days for the past 3 weeks and am now drinking it every day sometimes twice. If it was that powerfull and good the doctors would give you a cup of tea to induce you. anyway I've read that the benefits are in reducing your uterus afterwards. Drink away I think. Just don't blame me if you go into labour early :eek
Raindeer Posts: 169
I generally thought Raspberry Leaf Tea is an aid to strengthen you womb for pregnancy. I started it at 31 weeks and surely it cant be strong enough to bring on labour. I am going to continute with one cup a day up until 37 weeks and then swin in it for the last few weeks!!!!!
NewGirl Posts: 1143
As far as I can remember I think I started taking 1 cup a day from about 38 weeks - babs started kicking up a fuss on due date & born following day :o0
susmurf Posts: 1060
From what I've read about it, the benefit of raspberry tea isn't that it induces the labour, but that it softens the cervix so that when you do go into labour, it happens more quickly.