what do ye fight about

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
hi just wondering what topic is the most common bone of contention between you and your significant other. for us its housework who does it h2b does a bit but become blind if required to pick things up
clucky Posts: 26471
the remote
Mistified Posts: 2680
Nothing to be honest.
kellyc Posts: 1300
We get on great most of the time, but it could be something so stupid that will just set off an arguement
sinion Posts: 6050
actually the one thing that comes up quite often is about going out with friends. He moved over here from Luton and left all his friends behind. I was wracked with guilt over this for a long time as I know he missed (and still misses) his friends, but he insisted this was his choice and he'd do the same again. I've tried to everything I can to make it easy for him. He's still have some trouble fitting into my group of friends, and I totally understand where he's coming from, they can be quite obnoxious without meaning to be, you know what it's like, they just talk amongst themselves and don't include him unless he forces them too, but he's quite shy so just ends up sitting there listening. I get really annoyed with my friends over this as so few of them actually bother, it's just rude, so we've stopped seeing them so much. Thankfully my two best friends get on fantastically well with him, so that's all that matter, he loves seeing them and they him. I think it's just that i'm a very outgoing friendly person, I will make an effort to talk to anyone, complete strangers, so I don't have trouble when I'm sitting with a group of people who I don't know, i'll just speak up and get right in there. But he can't do that, and on one hand I feel so protective of him, and on the other I get annoyed cos he's such a funny guy, if he'd just speak up! But it's not a big deal, just a little thing that irks us both sometimes. Other than that we hardly every argue, and never ever ever walk away without sorting an arguement out.
BirthdayBrideMarch Posts: 503
Housework is about the height of it too... we get on really really well though in general. Sometimes I just throw a mini hissy fit if I'm tired when I get home from work and have to start tidying etc..!
WonderWol Posts: 2927
Me booking all my telly programs for the week on SKY & me not pulling my weight around the house :-8
lou gav Posts: 508
HOUSEWORK!!!!!!!!!! I am a wife not a house wife
mad woman Posts: 22106
nothing
over it Posts: 2779
Housework and the amount of time he spends watching the TV >:o( >:o( >:o(