What is the most Important part of a wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
As the title suggests, what do you think is the most important aspect to a wedding aside from the Bride/Groom?
lux Posts: 6270
For our wedding, we want to be relaxed so out guests aren't on edge. We're quite laid back about things, we trust the venue to keep things moving so people aren't waiting around for drinks and food at any stage, this means we know everyone will have no cause for complaint! When we're at another wedding I don't like having to drive for ages between a church and an hotel-we had to drive for an hour an a half which was a pain. So I love when everything is in the one place-partly why we're getting married where we are! No need for driving, we're starting everything a bit later and guests can enjoy their champers straight after the ceremony.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
For me as the Bride I would say the vows are the important part or at least to me they were. As a wedding guest I always remember the food and the music and if they were good bad etc, so they are the important bits from a guest point of view IMO anyway :wv
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
For me it's the ceremony. THe bit where the vows are said - do you take x to be your wife. That's the point of a wedding to me - gathering people with you, whether it's two people or 200 people - to witness your marriage and your commitment and your vows. No matter what wedding it is, whether it's my sister's wedding or a colleague of H2B's who I don't know that well, I always get a lump in my throat at the vows. I love the silence in the church/venue, when everyone suddenly becomes still and strains forward to listen to the bride and groom. That's one of my favourite bits.
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Well for me it was the vows, me and my hubby standing there in front of all our family and friends making a promise to love each other for the rest of our lives. :lvs The wedding mass for me was the most beautiful thing ever, I loved every minute from the moment I walked up the aisle to meet my groom until I shook the hand of every person leaving the church :xox
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
For me it's the ceremony. THe bit where the vows are said - do you take x to be your wife. That's the point of a wedding to me - gathering people with you, whether it's two people or 200 people - to witness your marriage and your commitment and your vows. No matter what wedding it is, whether it's my sister's wedding or a colleague of H2B's who I don't know that well, I always get a lump in my throat at the vows. I love the silence in the church/venue, when everyone suddenly becomes still and strains forward to listen to the bride and groom. That's one of my favourite bits.
Twirl Posts: 5598
For me and hubby it was the ceremony, we really enjoyed it and everyone commented on how it was such a relaxed ceremony, they all loved the priest and everyone mingled so well. My mam sang too which was brilliant and myself and hubby couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces. I really should do a wedding report.
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
For me, as a few of the other posters have mentioned, it is the ceremony. I can't wait to say the vows to my h2b, and see him well up a bit when he says the vows back. The special readings that my brothers will read, that mean something to us. The music that brings back a special memory and feeling, and in the future will bring even happier weddings. I just think of the future, can you imagine having a bad day at work or something then hearing your song on the radio, cheering you up? Aul sop I am. Everything about the ceremony I think is the most important. However was shocked when a friend of mine said dress, which is why I started this post to see what ye all thought!
lux Posts: 6270
God I'm awful!! I forgot about the ceremony! Well, its different for us because we're having two because unfortunately humanist weddings are not legally binding, so we'll be legally married a week before the real wedding. I guess because we're having two ceremonies we'll be more used to saying the vows by the time the wedding comes.
madhairday Posts: 1116
[quote="Smileykaz":3u9icbbm]For me it's the ceremony. THe bit where the vows are said - do you take x to be your wife. That's the point of a wedding to me - gathering people with you, whether it's two people or 200 people - to witness your marriage and your commitment and your vows. No matter what wedding it is, whether it's my sister's wedding or a colleague of H2B's who I don't know that well, I always get a lump in my throat at the vows. I love the silence in the church/venue, when everyone suddenly becomes still and strains forward to listen to the bride and groom. That's one of my favourite bits.[/quote:3u9icbbm] I agree here too, this is the most important part of the day, be it Civil or Religious, or any other type of commitment cermony. This is what the celebration is about,