what to wear to weddings.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
I have one in Sep and Oct, 2 close friends, dresses dont look right on me as ive gained lots of weight on arms and legs, just dont feel comfy, was in next yesterday, got black trousers and a few dressy tops, do you think trousers and top is too casual? i want to look nice but also comfy. any ideas, its just a long time since i wore a pair trousers to a wedding?
rushinbride Posts: 1097
Last wedding I was at (not my own) Dh's cousin wore a trousers and top to the wedding - she looked fab and to be honest i think i remember her outfit more than everyone elses because it was actually different... If you feel comfy wearing a trousers than go with it, nothing worse than wearing something your afraid to stand up in, I've done it plenty of times and it ruins the day/night, so go with what your comfortable wearing
baby-bel Posts: 929
you will look & feel best in something you are comfortable wearing so Id go with the trousers & dressy top if thats what you feel best in at the moment :wv
sinion Posts: 6050
No idea what they're like but Mothercare have a massive sale on their maternity clothes right now, saw some cream trousers and loads of tops at 50% off. That's exactly what I'd go for for a wedding and you can really dress up an outfit like that.
Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
Thanks girls, i think thats what ill do, next have great selection of nice dressy tops, mother care has very little left, i was in there already. Ill dress the trousers and top up with nice jew, maybe get hair up and nice shoes, it will do fine.
baby peanut Posts: 810
I had two weddings to go in the last 2 months and I wore white linen trousers from next with different coloured tops. I'm glad because one of the days was really warm and my ankles really swoll up :o( If I'd have worn a dress I would have felt I had to hide my feet all day :o0
sinion Posts: 6050
[quote="baby peanut":137c08i2]I had two weddings to go in the last 2 months and I wore white linen trousers from next with different coloured tops. I'm glad because one of the days was really warm and my ankles really swoll up :o( If I'd have worn a dress I would have felt I had to hide my feet all day :o0[/quote:137c08i2] Exactly, I have a dress that I wore early on but I just can't risk having a bad case of the cankles!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I wore a dress at a wedding on Saturday and I am going to another one this weekend. I bought a maternity dress in Debenhams but I wasn't really comfortable in it TBH. I am going to go shopping this week for a trousers and top to wear to ths one this weekend. I found that the tights that I wore were uncomfortable as well. I couldn't afford to get a tan done. Anyway, I don't think people mind what you wear when you are pregnant!
SUZIE rock Posts: 21
i got a black dress in new look, it cost €28 and is a fab dress, it looks great on too...there is still some in the norh side shopping centre!