Menu

When did you/will you finish work before wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2013superexcited Posts: 73
Hi, I'm just wondering how many days people take off work before their wedding? I'm trying to figure out how much time I'll realistically need to get things sorted and not be stressing out. Thanks!
Drummergirl Posts: 210
Hi I'm going to finish up on the Tuesday & I'm getting married on the Saturday :)
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
I'm finishing the Saturday before when that week of work ends, so I'll have the whole week before the wedding, gonna head down home at the start of the week to get stuff done :)
Kop Bride Posts: 932
Im finishing up on the thursday our wedding is the Monday
2013superexcited Posts: 73
Thanks for the replies. I'm definitely going to take two days but considering three also.
mrsmoo2202 Posts: 1930
I finish up feb 15, wedding isn't till the 22, but with my working roster if I waited I'd only finish about midnight on the 21!
fluffiesmam Posts: 1470
Our wedding is on a Thursday and I have booked to finish the Friday before.. get all nice and relaxed! :) Thats the theory anyway!
Olivok Posts: 192
I'm finishing on a Tuesday and the wedding the following Monday but we go up to hotel the Sunday for a dinner with both families. I thought it would be good to have a few days to get final bits done at a relaxed pace. A few nice lunches and the like :-)
stupidname2013 Posts: 924
Wedding Easter Saturday, finish work Thursday!! Couldn't be bothered using my holidays before the wedding - using them for my two honeymoons!! :o)ll :o)ll
Crystal Gal Posts: 464
Wedding is new years and im finishing up on the 15th, but that's just becuse christmas is in between.