When should i see my GP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luvaduv Posts: 107
Hi Ladies, I am delighted to say that after 2.5 years i finally got my BFP last night :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll i also did a test this morning. My period was not due until tomorrow so my question is when should i see my GP, would today be to soon or should i wait a week or so? Thanks xx
McDaisy Posts: 917
Huge congratulations luvaduv and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll It took us 2.5 years to get here too, so I know how thrilled you must be feeling. The GP tests are not as sensitive as some of the OTC ones, so the only issue might be that their test may not register positive - but it should be fine once you are a day or two past your AF due date. There's no rush to see GP thoough, as they will just refer you to your local ante-natal clinic most of whom wont see you until around 12 weeks all going well.
luvaduv Posts: 107
Thanks for the quick reply McDaisy :-) i am shocked :eek :eek i was on my first month of clomid so i presume thats what helped. Happy any healthy pregnancy for you too :-)
atina Posts: 2240
When I went to my gp she didn't even do a test she ask me had I done one and I said yea around five and as said then ur pregnant! I was glad I went tho coz she gave me advise re supplements hospitals and the forms for combined care
winterbridegal Posts: 406
Congrats to you!That is fantastic news. Regarding going to the doctor i would wait a week or two, to make sure that the test reads positive in the dsr if they do one. In the meantime you can see if your hormones are increasing from week to week if you do a clear blue test. get one with the prediction monitor. it will read 1-2 weeks 2-3 weeks and then 3+. then you can be sure everything is progressing nicely.
dreamscometrue2014 Posts: 160
That's great news, congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll We went to the doctors too soon, I was due my af on the Fri/Sat and we went the following Thursday and the test was very light..she got me to come back the following week to confirm!! So try and wait 10/14 days!!
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I wouldn't bother with the GP. I went on my first but she didn't do a test as I had done one myself so she took my word for it, did a BP check, filled out a form and sent me on my way. I think the form was for combined care but I never heard a word back from them. On my second I booked into the hospital myself. I wasn't asked for any correspondence from the GP either time.