when to confirm with GP

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

charli Posts: 5994
hi all, just wanted to ask quickly what anyone did re going to the GP got my BFP this morning, but obviously AF wouldnt have been due until Wednesday/Thursday - today is 26 did everyone wait until after AF would have been due - i didnt think that anyone goes when they are 3+weeks? first pg i didnt test until a few days after AF was due so by the time i went to GP i was 5 weeks was planning on waiting until next Monday
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
We found out on a Thursday and I went to the Doctor on the Monday,maybe go Friday evening after all whats always said on here is that theres no such thing as a false positive!!! :o)ll Such great news!
yeah i suppose, i know a positive is a positive so it's not even that - dont even know why i was going to wait a week :-8 thanks Dolly, nearly always first to post :thnk :o0
Maybe you were just waiting until past your AF time,I would get it confirmed as soon as you can,when do you think you are going to tell DD?alot further on or sooner?
sugarplum Posts: 430
Oh Congrats Charlie- that is great news :o)ll
sarah to be a mrs Posts: 349
hiya congratulations again by the way xx i found out on a sat that i was pregnant but didnt go to the docs till weds but i would have gone sooner but on the monday it was may day and thought that tues would be jammed packed so waited an extra day. xx :lvs
thanks girls - as much as i would love to tell little miss - ill have to wait until i am 12 weeks and want everyone to know cos she'll tell!!! she'll be 4 when the baby arrives - all going well! plan on telling the immediates when i am 6 weeks and everyone else like extended family/work at 12 weeks. hubby just text me and said "and then there were 4" with a smiley face and a kiss xxx might book the doc for Friday evening (take a havvo from work, pretend i have a kidney infection!!!)
[quote="charli":1kxem4i6]thanks girls - as much as i would love to tell little miss - ill have to wait until i am 12 weeks and want everyone to know cos she'll tell!!! she'll be 4 when the baby arrives - all going well! plan on telling the immediates when i am 6 weeks and everyone else like extended family/work at 12 weeks. hubby just text me and said [b:1kxem4i6]"and then there were 4" [/b:1kxem4i6]with a smiley face and a kiss xxx might book the doc for Friday evening (take a havvo from work, pretend i have a kidney infection!!!)[/quote:1kxem4i6] That is so sweet :lvs Its obviously on his mind too(and we can forget about men sometimes)awww Know what you mean better off waiting plus the "Why,when,how did baby get in there"questions might be a bit much after the zillionth time :o0 :o0
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:ilgvd2fj]I never went to the GP!! I already had my gynae, who's also a baby doctor, so I rang him and my first doctor appointment was my 12 week scan!![/color:ilgvd2fj]