When to start packing your hospital bag?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Christmasmammy Posts: 120
when did ye all start doing this, very curious??? :heartbeat:
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
Some people have it done by 24 weeks, many seem to do it around 30 weeks (which seems to be what's recommended). I've kinda started, but I'm far from finished. I should have it done by next weekend.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
I would say 30 weeks is plenty time. You might want to be more prepared if you are having twins for example. I'm buying away my bits and pieces though and I'll pack it as soon as I've got it all together TBH. I just need to buy nightshirts, dressing gown, slippers and towels I think and just get the baby's clothes washed and ready. I'm waiting til later on to buy nursing bras as well as I expect I will be bigger closer to my due date.
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
Ditto on the nursing bras. And I will leave off recharign my ipod, camera batteries and the like for another week or tow, as well.
lolly2010 Posts: 707
Anonmama Posts: 239
I just did mine an hour ago :o)ll
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Am like anonmama only packed mine the other night, have no idea whats in it LOL Have a seperate bag packed for little one as cases are all in storage so had to use sports bag!
mammyslittlerogue Posts: 2184
I strted mine at 26/27wks i think and had it done and finishe before 30 ws as my mam had me at 30wks so i just wanted to make sure i was ready!!! Its so exciting!
Daff Posts: 11644
ON DD1 I'd it done at 28 weeks, on DD2 it was more like 38 weeks. I'd recommend having a small bag with nightdress, small toiletries, book, knickers, toothbrush etc ready eaerly on just in case you are kept in for monitioring or something like that. You'd be surprised the amount of people are kept in overnight to check BP etc so is always handy to have a small bag in the car just in case.
Christmasmammy Posts: 120
Thanks Ladies, I am afraid that if I start early I'll miss doing it later on iukwim