When to visit doctor

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

new york1 Posts: 11
I've just recently found out that i'm pregnant and we're so happy. I've done 2 clearblue digital tests and they were positive. Can anyone let me know when is the best time to visit the doctor to confirm the pregnancy? I've read a few posts where people have gone to their GP's and their tests have come up negative even though the home pregnancy tests were positive! I don't want to go too early but i don't want to leave it too late. Going by the last day of my AF i am just over 5 weeks gone, by the time i make the appointment i will be 6 weeks. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
wifin Posts: 4761
6 weeks should be fine hun. Congratulations *) The GP tests aren't as sensitive as the ones we can buy in the chemist so bring FMU with you just in case. Some doctors don't even test and take your word for it!
new york1 Posts: 11
Sorry i'm new to all this but what's FMU?
pg2009 Posts: 51
hi new york1...i'd say FMU means First Morning Urine!! Congrats on your BFP & best of luck with your GP visit..its all sooo exciting!! :wv
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="pg2009":ibz8xbv0]hi new york1...i'd say FMU means First Morning Urine!![/quote:ibz8xbv0] Yep it is, sorry!
katiemomma Posts: 2690
i did 4 tests before going to the doctor. and i was 4 weeks 2 days pregnant when i went to see her. she did a test it actually looked like a TESCO one i had bought before. i didnt bring the first morning urine. totally forgot but anyway it still worked when she put it in the urine. i think at 6 wks that you will be ok for their tests to work my friend went in at nearly 8 weeks pregnant and she took her word for it. never tested.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
My doctor didn't test me either. It was only after I left that I realised she hadn't. It felt like a bit of an anticlimax though as I was waiting for her to confirm it before I believed it :o(