When you finishing up from worK??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

veryhappyveryhappy Posts: 151
Just wondering when everyones hoping to finish up from work?? Will be 32 wks on Thursday... Am due to finsh up 6 wkks from thurs!.. Always said i'd take a few wks sick tho while i had a 'good excuse'!... Dunno if i can bring myself to do it tho!!! Whats everyone else doin?? Am wrecked tired lately btw and am suffering headaches every day for the last wk and not sleepin at night!... Work with people with disabilities just to give you an idea!!
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'm finishing up at 38 weeks too. You can stay on longer but I'd like a rest before babs arrives - I just hope I'm not sitting around until 42 weeks! I'm a bit behind you so I'm still fairly lively, but can feel the tiredness creeping back in the last few days - up at 9am yesterday morning and conked out at 9.30 last night AND slept through the whole night not a bother!
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Veryhappyveryhappy, I am planning on finishing up 2 weeks before my due date. I have a weeks holidays left so I may or may not add that on & go 3 weeks before due date. I am feeling very well at the moment & hopefully that’ll continue however if you are wrecked tired & suffering headaches I’m sure if you mention it to your doctor he/she will sign you off a little bit early. There’s no point in continuing if you’re feeling miserable especially in a job like yours which I’m sure is quite physically & emotionally challenging.
mrs ants Posts: 813
I am finishing up on xmas eve as consultant has already told me that they will induce me at 38 weeks which gives just just over 10 days. I really want to keep my time for when baby arrives rather than driving myself insane beforehand.
gosh you're all so good is nobody sneakin in a few wks extra sick leave b4 hand??.... I think thats what i was hoping to hear lol!! :o0 :o0 So i wouldnt feel too bad!! im OFFICIALLY ment to be finishin on the 23rd october... wouldnt mind sneakin in a few wks b4 that!!!
Never really thought about it to be honest! Wouldnt mind doing it if I thought I could get away with it I suppose but dunno if my doc will sign me off if I'm not really sick, unless I suppose I just said I was exhausted tired or something! Tut tut, veryhappyveryhappy, now you've corrupted my innocent mind! :o0 :o0
Nadie Posts: 1111
My boss just wouldn't pay me if I took off early, so I'd only be shooting myself in the foot. Although of course if I'm feeling awful, I'll stay home, but I'm hoping I can last the distance! If the doc would sign me off a week early and the boss would pay me, I'd go for it, especially as you are knackered and suffering from headaches. I have it handy, I only have to sit at a desk and pretend to work :o0
I would get paid for it now that I think of it.....and I never take sick days normally...........Mmmmh.....tempting!! :o0
MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
I am finishing up three weeks before my due date but I am probably going to work from home for the last couple of weeks and only go into the office when I really have to.... I am finding it hard enough now to get in to work on time and work a full day, I can only see it getting harder.... :o0
ok tinyfeet i have u converted lol!! :o0 c the ting is im never off sick eaither and am entitled to full pay while out sick!!.... So you can see why its so tempting!!... My doc wouldnt give me a cert for no reason either have an app on wed and again in 2 wks time so reckon on this wed i might start gettin in the exhauseted bit and then in 2 wks totally exaggerate it again and c what happens.... I thought everyone'd be doin this!! You've all got me feelin bad now!!!