Where are you getting ready on the morning of the wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kkwedding Posts: 36
Hi girls :o( this is the hot topic at the moment for my big day...causing an awful lot of hassle ( wont bore you with the details!) O:| just looking for some feedback about other brides out there about where they are getting ready on the morning of their wedding ....?
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
Im getting married in the same church my parents got married in down the country.so im going back to the house my mam went from which is my grandmothers house.she isnt alive anymore but my uncle still lives there.so i voted other :wv
starbar10 Posts: 991
Thats lovely sweetiepie. Me and DH bot got ready in the hotel. We thought it made sense to have everyone together and our apartment is far too small. Saying that if i had got married at home (i'm from down west) it would have been lots of fun to get ready there
New Mrs Posts: 660
Im getting ready in our house and h2b in his parents house. I was thinking of getting ready in the hotel but its a good drive to the church! It will be madness the morning of the wedding! My parents, two brothers, hair lady, make up lady and two bridesmaids that include a coupld of my friends dropping our brekkie down. By the way did i mention its a two bed apt!
dublinredhead Posts: 917
I'm getting ready in my mam and dad's house - it's just down the road from the church and I don't think I'd get away with getting ready anywhere else!!! H2B is getting ready in our house, as his dad's house is over the other side of the city so it's handier for him. The lads and his dad will come over the night before and stay with him.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Getting ready at my parents house. It's only a few minutes away from the Church, really excited about it!!!
hurry2011 Posts: 281
im going to my parents house. Im looking forward to spening one last night there....cause i wont be leaving my HUSBAND to go sleep in mammys-- AHHHH cant wait to start saying husband :o)ll
madhairday Posts: 1116
as i live in the home place i ticked my own home but also it would be my parents house.
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
i voted for my parents house but its a bit weird really. my parent have built a new house & my brother is staying in the home house so while i'll spend my last single night in my parents new house, it won't be "home" if that makes sense?? It'll probably be the first & last night that i spend in the new house. Feel a bit weird about it really cos it'll never really be home :o( OH is getting ready at our new house then which is a minute walk from the parents new house. He says he'll beep the horn when they're passing to go to teh church to let me know they have left. I think it'll only hit home then that i'm actually getting married :heartbeat:
roisinbunny Posts: 419
[quote="kavanaghwedding":3qijdnw0]Hi girls :o( this is the hot topic at the moment for my big day...causing an awful lot of hassle ( wont bore you with the details!) O:| just looking for some feedback about other brides out there about where they are getting ready on the morning of their wedding ....?[/quote:3qijdnw0] Hey Kavanagh, for many reasons, which I won't bore the wollies about either, I'm getting ready in our new home. We just moved in last year and it's what I really want. Let's just say, that's not going down well with some people either but it's my day, I'll feel so much more relaxed in my own home and it won't be some circus show that I have no control over.