Where are you going for Christmas?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anonymous Posts: 24542
Just wondering what other people are doing for Christmas cos I'm a Curious George(ina). We're going to Mr. P's family as we haven't been for several years. It would be much more fun at my own family's place but it has to be done.
dreamer Posts: 3941
I'm going to the parents down in the sunny south east! I go, because I don't know anything else!! Although my mother did ask me this year, was I coming home for Christmas ?? To which I replied.. well I have nowhere else to go!!!
Senorita Posts: 3413
We are staying in our own home, and having our families over - my Mam & Dad, 2 aunts, hubbys Mam & Dad. Can't wait :o)ll (though I may not be so enthusiastic come tomorrow fortnight, neck high in turkey & trimmings, trying to get it all cooked :eek :o0 ) O-O
loislainey Posts: 140
We'll be at Mr loislainey's dad and stepmum's house. Heathens, they don't even have proper Christmas food and I'm not pleased. Try and make me eat pasta on Christmas day, will you? Hmph. I'm going armed with mince pies. My mum makes better Christmas dinner than anyone else alive and as if you couldn't tell, I'd much rather eat that! [i:1q0skmkv]And[/i:1q0skmkv] it is costing thousands we can't afford to actually go to this non-feast. Bah humbug!
dreamer Posts: 3941
[quote="loislainey":12tg21n0]We'll be at Mr loislainey's dad and stepmum's house. Heathens, they don't even have proper Christmas food and I'm not pleased. Try and make me eat pasta on Christmas day, will you? Hmph. I'm going armed with mince pies. My mum makes better Christmas dinner than anyone else alive and as if you couldn't tell, I'd much rather eat that! [i:12tg21n0]And[/i:12tg21n0] it is costing thousands we can't afford to actually go to this non-feast. Bah humbug![/quote:12tg21n0] I'm visualising a scene from About a Boy!!
Italy07 Posts: 5409
We spend morning at home for Santa then head down to the inlaws just in time for dinner and stay a few nights. Don't have to worry about my parents dont speak to them.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Our parents live just down the road from each other so we wake up and have breakfast in our own house and then I go to my mammy & daddy's and he goes to his for dinner. Then we go home again. Not sure what we will do next year when we are married. Might stay home and let them visit as neither live more than 5 mins away from us.
Yoda Posts: 3340
Xmas at home just the two of us and the dog, Will visit his parents St Stephen's and go see my parents over the weekend after Did the same for the last two years O-O
loislainey Posts: 140
Stupid quote button is hidden by the ads on the side.... Anyway, Dreamer, it gets worse. Toss in a few much older step-siblings, assorted wives and husbands, an under-medicated and spoilt rotten jailbird teenager, said teenager's skanky girlfriend, a deaf grandfather, loads of hooch and four pets :o0 One of these years, I will write a book.
McDanny Posts: 1435
We are going to my sisters and her hubby's. My parents will be there too. Looking forward to having my dinner handed up to me as I cooked last year :o0