Will my phone work in the Caribbean???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
Going on honeymoon next week to St. Lucia and Antigua, does anyone know if my mobile will work?? :thnk
Elegance Posts: 2848
I was in St Maarten, St Thomas and Grand Turk on my honeymoon in October and my phone worked perfectly. I'm with O2. Just make sure the package you subscribe to allows international calls..... iykwim. If you've been international before with your phone and it worked you are fine. If not, I'd give them a call to double check.
Elegance Posts: 2848
I was in St Maarten, St Thomas and Grand Turk on my honeymoon in October and my phone worked perfectly. I'm with O2. Just make sure the package you subscribe to allows international calls..... iykwim. If you've been international before with your phone and it worked you are fine. If not, I'd give them a call to double check.
Thanks Elegance! I thought I might have needed a tri-band phone but maybe all phones are tri-band nowadays!
ohholymoley Posts: 2150
Just double check Marianf, we were in The Bahamas on honeymoon in September and our phones didnt work....we are with vodafone. x
thank you!
lono Posts: 64
yip it will just back from there
doesmybumlookbiginthis? Posts: 480
you may have to contact your mobile provider to make sure that your phone is there i remember my last mobile didnt work when we were away and its cos i didnt tell o2 and it didnt have international roaming or something like that