Would this turn you off a name??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi all, thanks for your help with my previous poll - still trying to agree on a boys name. DH doesn't like my favs and I don't like his, so the only name we both like is Joshua. I googled it, and just found out there is a movie by this name coming out in November - its a "Omen" type movie about this demon of a boy called Joshua - now I'm afraid thats its going to go the way of Damien as a name! >:o( What do you think, with this in mind, would you still consider it as a name? I suppose it depends if the film is going to stand the test of time. Its just I don't want people making sign of cross every time he walks into the room!! :eek I know I'm probably being silly. Reassurance please!!! :thnk
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Janey thats a tricky one,to be honest I don't personally like the name but most names can be associated with an owl witch of a school friend,an actor etc....its always going to be like that....if your heart is set on it go for it!
Hepburn Posts: 4081
I love that name and wouldn't let that put you off at all. It is unlikely to become synonymous with this movie as there won't be sequel after sequel like The Omen. Also the music kind of immortalised The Omen too....it was the subject of many a comedy sketch etc. Films like this are ten a penny now really. My son is called Leon and nobody ever mentions that it is the name of a French hitman! :o0 It's a lovely name.....
Topolino Posts: 1659
If I really [u:quhv16qs]loved[/u:quhv16qs] a particular name then it wouldn't turn me off it. However it doesn't sound like you both absolutely adore this name. It's mad how difficult it is to choose a name, isn't it? I mean there are millions of name out there but there's always some reason one of you don't like it. Remember, you mightn't even think Joshua suits your baby when you actually see him, so I wouldn't worry too much about it yet[/i]