Would you bring labour bag?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marleymoo Posts: 503
Hi girls I have an overnight hen party to attend about 3 hours from home when im 33 weeks pregnant. Have just started preparing my hospital bag but quite a bit to get yet. My question is do you think it would be over the top to bring it with me or sensible? Dont know what the plans are but if Im not driving Ill look a right muppet landing out 2 bursting overnight bags for 1 night away lol. Please God nothin will happen but I like to be prepared lol!
mommylicious Posts: 836
Gosh I would never have thought of doing this, I'm going to stay with a friend for the weekend when I'll be 35 weeks and never occured to me to bring my bag. Would love to hear what other people have done. I don't think I'll be bringing mine, maybe I should. But you wouldn't need that stuff straight away would you, if you went into labour your OH could bring it to the hospital for you. I have to say, I just don't know, sorry. :-8
marleymoo Posts: 503
Thats true bumpelicious of course he could bring it! Ive just been up to hi do about this hen from I knew about it and dont know why! Think Im just uneasy about bein so far away from home in a city that I havent a clue about. Thanks and best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy :wv
lannah Posts: 574
I'm going to Killarney in a couple of weeks when I'll be about 32 weeks pregnant and am DEFINITELY brining my hospital bag as it is a 4/5 hour drive from Dublin. I'll leave it in the car but will just feel better knowing its with me. If something was to happen down there I doubt I'd get back to Dublin so at least I'd have my main bits and pieces with me for the hospital and the baby. I don't think it looks over the top at all. Just leave it in the car.
Daff Posts: 11644
I'll have mine done up by 30 weeks and will leave it in the boot of the car or in the house near the door. you never know what will happen at any time so best to be prepared. Saying that if your'e goign away anyway you'll probalby have most things you need with you, nightie, wash bag etc. So just throw in the extra things you think you'll need. I didn't use a single thing from my labour bag last time! Have you a hospital bag done? I'd have that ready and leave that with OH so if anything does happen he'll have that with him and will have all the baby things ready to go just in case. Always good to have these things at the ready once you hit 28/30 weeks cause you could end up in hopsital over anything and at any time.