Menu

Would you move rooms?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

neeov Posts: 4256
I am thinking of moving our living room. We have a conservatory attached to the dining room,neither are used much, but they are right beside the kitchen. We live in the living room with all the baby's stuff (play gym, bouncer, pram). I am thinking of moving the living room into the dining room, so we can have an open plan-ish kitchen, living, playroom. There is a kitchen table in the kitchen, so we can eat there too. This would be until baby is too old for a playroom. I'd like to be able to have her playing in her playroom while I am chilling out on the sofa/making dinner/cleaning up etc. I might get a nice electric fire for the new living room and we would have to move the Tv connection, so it would not cost much. There would be less baby proofing to do if we moved the living room too. We never entertain seriously, just a few friends and family. Would you do it?
SparklyB2B Posts: 1131
Definately sounds like a good idea.. we are in an open plan house & tbh has been great coz can keep an eye on DD but still get stuff done!
liberty Posts: 773
I would definitely do it, especially if it's not going to be too much bother. Our day to day living area is off the kitchen and it is great to be able to do a few things around the kicthen while watching DD play with her toys.
mop1 Posts: 1564
sounds ideal! I'd love to have the option to do something like that.
Vamps Posts: 45
Sounds good, my kitchen / dining / living room are all open plan and its great. Only prob is we have two steps down into living room which will be a hazard.