Menu

Would you wear a veil with this dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MamaKat Posts: 189
Any opinions greatly appreciated!! My dress will have tiny spaghetti straps on it as i want to feel comfortable during the day. Also at the back, the sash falls the whole way down to nearly ground level - so I am thinking a veil might take away from that. But just don't know!! O:| [img:2k4kltmy]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss314/kittykat77/3814Front.jpg[/img:2k4kltmy]
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Its a hard one to call. Can you try the dress on in the shop & judge from there
I did, but the shop had a terrible selection of veils available and none of them suited the dress anyway.. Anyone else?
mrs_c_to_be Posts: 534
Hey i think a simple long veil would work - beautiful dress so you wouldn't want any detail on veil to overpower dress' simple elegance. I wasnt sure if i wanted a veil until a friend told me that long veils are meant to be slimming as they elongate your figure from the back and draw the eye down - you'd still see your sash underneath the sheer veil... Plus once you take the veil off for the dancing then the long sash at the back would be an extra element for people to look at
SparkleX Posts: 1057
I think a very simple cathedral length veil would be fab with the shape of that dress...it would create a beautiful silhouette... You can take off the veil for the meal and show of the back of the dress properly... Fab dress by the way!
princess tinkerbelle Posts: 811
Gorgeous dress. What about a fingertip veil with a satin edge?
Kettles Hotel
ditzypixie Posts: 1397
The detail on my dress was all at the back. It was very plain at the front. But, I wanted a veil and I wore one. If you want one, get one. It was so windy, there are plenty pics of the back of the dress and my vein sailing into the wind! :o0
sona sasta Posts: 585
[quote="mrs_c_to_be":3hxce613]Hey i think a simple long veil would work - beautiful dress so you wouldn't want any detail on veil to overpower dress' simple elegance. I wasnt sure if i wanted a veil until a friend told me that long veils are meant to be slimming as they elongate your figure from the back and draw the eye down - you'd still see your sash underneath the sheer veil... Plus once you take the veil off for the dancing then the long sash at the back would be an extra element for people to look at[/quote:3hxce613] I agree Beautiful dress by the way :lvs
Thanks ladies for all your replies and opinions. I think I shall wait till the dress comes in, and then really look into the veil option again. Shop around. However being the impatient gal i am i will probably keep looking at all different types of veils in the meantime! I just can't help myself!! :compress
JD Bride Posts: 11
I think a simple full length veil would be beautiful too. If it is sitting quite low at the back of your head (depending on your hairstyle that is), it can be quite subtle and not too over-powering! Lovely dress! Best of luck! I'm in the process of choosing my veil too! :wv