There’s nothing like a trek around your favourite forest to clear your head and press the reset button, so why not jump on the woodland wonder train and say “I Do” in this enchanting place as well?
We’ve seen some fabulous forest wedding ceremonies and woodland-themed soirees already this year, and we predict they will be just as popular in 2017. Remember Pamela and Kenneth’s glam garden party in the garden of the Station House Hotel? We think they nailed the magical forest look! So if this super dreamy wonderland sounds about right for your day, here’s 13 ideas to help you pull off a magical woodland wedding.
1. Get your bunting game down: With such beauty all around you, simple strings of bunting will make your ceremony area wedding perfect. (Image by Tomasz Kornas Photography)
2. Add to the magic with woodland inspired favours: How adorable are these fairy terrarium’s? Sweet as and pretty easy to make yourself. (via Evermine)
3. S’mores – essential midnight treats: Need we say more?! (Image by Anika London via Wedding Chicks)
4. Decorate with your favourite little woodland creatures: Keep decor close to nature with an earthy touch – we love these little guys. (Image by Kat Mervyn via The Promise)
5. Set the tone with your stationery: Give your guests a little taste of what’s to come with themed invitations. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
6. Forgo teaming tables of florals: An accent bloom paired with oodles of foliage and greens will make for one stylish table arrangement. (Image by Corrina Walker Photography via Wedding Chicks)
7. Direct your guests appropriately: Because you know, there’s not many road signs about! (Image by The Lous)
8. Fairies and nymphs: No need for ultra fussy bridesmaids dresses, let the magic reach out to your fairy gang instead, and dress their free spirits in floaty fabrics. (Image by Alfred Lor via The Pretty Blog)
9. Serve your favourite fast food: Don’t even consider a formal sit down meal! Get the BBQ going, canapés flying and pizza dough thrown. (Image by Rebecca Goddard via Love My Dress)
10. Always add wood: You’re in the middle of the forest so what other natural material would you consider using? Wood is a great option for so many things like your cake stand, favours and seating. (Image by Babb Photo)
11. Keep your guests warm and cosy with blankets and throws. (Image by Karen Flower Photography via Whimsical Wonderland Weddings)
12. Create a scroll seating plan – Robin Hood eat your heart out! (via Bespoke Bride)
13. Enjoy your fairytale and make the most of the surroundings for your bridal portraits – your photographer will love you! (Image by Julia & Gil Photography via Hochzeits Guide)
(Featured image: The Lous)
The following two tabs change content below.