Menu

1pm or 2pm wedding??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Serenity2013 Posts: 76
Hi Girls, Just wondering who decides on the time of the ceremony-us or the priest?? What time is your ceremony? Would like ours to be at one but OH wants it at two! I'd like to have that extra hour to make the celebrations even longer but OH is thinking about people travelling from the other side of the country on the morning of the wedding.
Snuffy Posts: 1492
I'm not sure who decides, we're having a civil ceremony. Personally I'd be with your h2b with 2pm. I really dislike weddings before this as by the time dinner is served guests are almost eating their own hands. At least at 2pm people can have a bit of lunch first. And it's much better for people travelling too. But the priest may have set times he wants to work with so I'd probably give him a shout to ask.
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
We are going with 1.30pm, not too early, not too late. There will be tea & scones waiting for the guests when they get back to the hotel around 3.00pm - 3.15pm, to keep them going til dinner at 5.30pm.
Serenity2013 Posts: 76
Thanks girls! Hadn't thought about giving people a chance to get some lunch beforehand. We're having canapes for the guests too so 1.30pm sounds like a good compromise! :)
CREAMYBEAMY Posts: 294
We re going with 1:30, enough time for us and enough time for guests too i think. Have had 9 weddings this year and had ceremonies from 1/130/2 and 3. The one at 3pm was brilliant, the day flew and I had enough time to go too and from appointments with ease. That being said i would like my day to last longer!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
I would think that the time of year is a huge factor in deciding this. If it's going to get dark at 8pm, then a 2pm wedding is fine. If it's going to get dark at 6pm, then a 1pm wedding would be better. It's all about the lighting for photos
mscarebear Posts: 317
our priest recommended half 12., as we're getting married late October. His explanation was for our photos as it'll be dark early. explained this to our photographer said we had one clever priest, you need to factor in your photo time and travelling time to reception :-)
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="Sassypants":3djevaad] It's all about the lighting for photos[/quote:3djevaad] +1, we got married in September and photographer advised 1pm due to the light that time of year.
OhYea Posts: 87
Hi, !.30 latest, timetables go out the window!
Secret2013 Posts: 227
I'm with the other ladies on this the time of year is sooo important. We got married in September and the chruch was at 1 p.m. We had sandwiches on arrival at our hotel for all the guests for anybody who had, had an early start. Best of luck