80's dj good idea?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yankiecandle Posts: 2888
we are having a string quartet in church, pianist at drinks reception & hopefully a soul band later. whats people opinions on having an 80's dj? we are both under 30, thought it would be good craic???? (wedding will be in donegal if anybody can recommend anybody, thanks!)
summersurprise Posts: 1276
definitley - IMO - were going for a 70s & 80s disco after the band, thats when all the best "groovy" tunes were out. . . rock the boat!
Mrs.daffodil2010 Posts: 385
We are having mainly 80's played by the DJ at our wedding. We are a slightly "older" couple :-8 so the 80's were our growing up time with lots of memories. Loads of ska, new romance, and of course good old rocker type stuff like Bon Jovi, Meatloaf - that era was so cheesy that it will be great to hear it all again on the night!! :o)ll
Mrs Magnum Posts: 974
We were at a Wedding recently and the DJ played mainly 80's Music, with a bit of 60s thrown in. He was brilliant. Would definitely recommend it.
chipsticks Posts: 283
I don't have a dj booked yet but will be asking him/her to play as much 70's & 80's as possible! Great idea :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Elban26 Posts: 2458
You can't beat a few god eighties tunes at a wedding, I'd say go for it!
Sweetmum Posts: 2146
hey there i like this idea alot! when you think of it most of the tunes that a DJ plays are from the 80s. good choice OP!
cutiepie Posts: 287
I'd say go for it!sounds like a great idea
Shoelover Posts: 473
i love 80's im so glad you brought this topic up! bring on the cheese!!! love it!
jaykay Posts: 452
no....hate the 80's! :eek