A newbie looking for advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hopefully Posts: 254
Hi girls My first post here ... got my BFP this morning :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll So ... what should I do now ???
winterb2b Posts: 315
Hi Hopefully, Am new here today as well so gonna check in on your post to steal some advice if ok? :o)ll I got my BFP yesterday morn, went to the doc this morn and only got faint second line so have to go back on wednesday. Apparantly it happens cos for some reason docs tests not as good as the digi ones. Im so excited :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll What are you doing bout telling people etc? When is your due date? Is your Dh over the moon??? - Sorry maybe bit too many q's :o0
Hey WinterB2B. Going to the doctor today. I'm just 13 DPO so hope that the test comes up ok and I don't have to go back ... another €60 down the drain !! Reckon I'm due around 13 October. DH is ecstatic but we're trying to keep it under control coz it's so early. Gona tell my mam this evening if all goes ok at the doctors ... just want to be able to ask advice and stuff. Not telling anyone else then until I'm about 10 weeks gone.
winterb2b Posts: 315
Let me know how you get on at the docs, think my due date around sept 30th and I only got a faint second line. We told our friends yesterday (they have just had a new baby) but gonna wait til 12 weeks to tell everyone else!
boobies Posts: 1625
Just wanted to say big congrats and take care!
babydream Posts: 109
hi ladies just wanted to say congratulations to you both on yout BFPs!! :o)ll It is an amazing feeling. Wishing you both a happy and healthy 9 mths, the time really flies by so enjoy it. luv babydream
Elegance Posts: 2848
first order of the day is - Enjoy the moment!! :o)ll Its so exciting. I'm still pinching myself that its true! Below is a thread that really should be made a sticky. Its really informative. Also, get involved in the Sept thread - I read it from the start of the thread to the end and got lots of info, as things I was going through, the other girls were either just going through too, or had just been at that stage. hopefully are you sure you'll be 13th October? To work out your due date, got to first day of your last period then add 7 days. there is a due date calculater on www.babyzone.com that i find really useful. http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... highlight=
Probably have it wrong Elegance. The first day of my last period was 28 December 08 and I ovulated between 13 / 14 January so I was counting 39 weeks from that date ... probably totally wrong. How many weeks is it ?? So I should be counting from 4 January 09 ??
Elegance Posts: 2848
hopefully if the first day of your last period was 28 dec, then you are due 4th october. but of course you must get that confirmed by your doc!
Hey winterb2b2, didn't go like I hoped in the doctors ... test was negative. :o( However, he said he had yet to see a false negative hpt. I done two ... first reponse yesterday morning and clear blue digital this morning ... both positive. He gave me a small cup so I have to pop back on Thursday to give a first morning urine sample. He said that he hoped I wasn't deflated because he says he's sure I'm pregnant as the hpt were both positive. Fingers crossed.