A size up or maternity clothes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunnyside Posts: 3164
Thinking of buying some clothes at the weekend but not sure whether to just buy a size up or go for maternity clothes? Where did you all start? It's more bloating that has me uncomfortable but don't want to waste money either and buy the wrong thing.
Happybridejuly Posts: 95
Buy a bella band and you will get longer out of your normal clothes . They are bill and very comfortable . I am 24 weeks and have only bought a few maternity things . Have fun . :o0
lemon Posts: 180
I found buying a size up, didn't fit me in other areas, like tops would hang off my shoulders, pants would gape around hips/crouch area, so I went with mostly maternity.
jarashow Posts: 3083
I have bought a few tops and can wear them already just turned under so you can't see all the extra room. I got a 3 pack of the bands which are great as I can have my jean button undone and then I got a pair of linene mat trousers as was worried that they would sell out quite fast coming into the Summer, have yet to wear them though.
I bought the belly belt and the bands. I've used the belt so that I can open the normal button on my trousers and then attach the belt to keep them closed. But I haven't used the bands yet and I'm not sure they'll be much use to me for work wear. I mainly wear trouser suits or trousers and shirt but the bands would stand out a mile. Suppose I'll just have a look in the shops and see what the options are.
sinion Posts: 6050
for the trouser suits you can get great tops in places like New Look and Dorothy Perkins, they're not too pricey and they fall nicely so you can wear whatever you need to hold your trousers up with the loose top over so that it will cover the belly band. This is what I did for ages and it worked perfectly for me until I needed to buy maternity trousers.
things like these as they go perfectly with a trouser suit, cover the belly band and have room to grow into. Plus when they're black they're very easy to hide a small bump if you're still keeping quiet. [url:3l8sfdzx]http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=20552&storeId=12552&categoryId=111571&parent_category_rn=111560&productId=615437&langId=-1[/url:3l8sfdzx] with regards to buying a size up I don't really recommend it as they sit awkwardly everywhere else and just end up being uncomfortable
thanks Sinion- will take a look at DP's over the weekend. Do you just buy your normal size in maternity clothes?
yep, just go for your normal size
bride22 Posts: 359
I tried the size up thing in trousers and it just didnt work. Thankfully my bum hasnt moved up a size yet and they all just looked bad fitting. Maternity jeans/trousers were the only thing for me.