acne

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunny1 Posts: 995
Hi girls, Just wondering if any of ye suffered from acne in first trimester? My chin is destroyed with horrible sore spots with yellow heads :-8 (sorry tmi) I am very self conscious about it. Dont mind if Im at home, it wouldnt bother me that much as Im happy to put up with whatever pregnancy throws at me. I feel awful going to work with an outbreak though as Im meeting so many people every day in my job. I know you're not supposed to squeeze but I have to cos they are just too revolting to look at and so so sore. Im almost 14 weeks now. Is there a chance this might start to ease up soon, I feel my skin is starting to get scarred from it :o( Its starting to get me down
Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Im lucky I've only a few popping up on my chin but my sister suffered terrible with this!! I know she dank plenty of water and just used unperfumed cleaners etc.. sorry Im not much help!
Asics Posts: 1935
You poor thing Sunnyk1, I havent suffered from acne but I find if I do get spots if I put sudocream on them before going to bed that it really helps to clear them up, if they are red & sore put loads of sudocream on & they would be nearly gone in the morning. Worth a try & of course drink loads of water & plenty of fruit & veg :wv
ructions Posts: 2689
I was the complete opposite, I have had acne for years and was on medication for it but stopped as soon as I got my BFP. I couldn't believe it when my skin completely cleared up in pregnancy, I haven't had one spot! It hasn't looked this good since I was 12, but I'm dreading what's around the corner when the hormones crash after the baby arrives. I know none of that is any consolation to you but your skin should start to settle down from now. Some of my friends had acne up to around 15 weeks or so but it did go away barring the odd spot here and there. Try to use a gentle cleanser (La Roche Posay does a nice one for sensitive skin) and a light moisturiser. I wouldn't put anything on the spots. And don't squeeze, tempting as it is, squeezing will mark your skin. Next time you're at the doc ask about it because there are some things that can be used during pregnancy.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Im plauged aswell only the skin on my face is fine but my shoulders and back are destroyed. I was on dianette for years for my skin and as soon as I came off it to TTC I broke out again. Im praying it clears up soon as will be very conscious for the summer wearing vest tops etc.
sunny1 Posts: 995
Thanks for all the replies ladies!! [quote="MrsDCee":3irzvtc3]Im plauged aswell only the skin on my face is fine but my shoulders and back are destroyed. I was on dianette for years for my skin and as soon as I came off it to TTC I broke out again. Im praying it clears up soon as will be very conscious for the summer wearing vest tops etc.[/quote:3irzvtc3] Im the same as you MrsDCee, I was on dianette for 10 years during which time my skin was perfect but a few months after I came off it my skin went to crap. It was starting to settle down and I would only get a big spot at ovulation and before AF but now its gone soooo bad. I'll try drinking more water, Im probably not drinking enough and I will try to resist the squeezing (my hands will have to be tied behind my back)
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
I was the same - was on Dianette for 12 years, cma eoff, got pregnant and now have acne on chest, back and chin. However, it has started to clear up, thank God. The clearing up started at about week 15 and it's quite a bit better now....