Alcohol?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi I'm just wondering if you all stopped drinking alcohol completely as soon as you found out you were pregnant. I'm just wondering if the odd glass of wine here and there is ok? Mischa :wv
Bun in Oven Posts: 241
I stopped completely, same with last time.
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I have the odd glass of red wine maybe once every 2 weeks to a month.
goingmad Posts: 657
I haven't drank since I found out but don't really know what I'll do over xmas, especially with dinner nights out, I might have a glass over wine but that would be it.
dreamer Posts: 3941
[quote="mrs sunflower":zx7d2998]I have the odd glass of red wine maybe once every 2 weeks to a month.[/quote:zx7d2998] I'd be the same mrs sunflower. Would have a glass of wine with dinner maybe once or twice a month.
The PDQ Posts: 954
I have the occasional bottle of beer or cider. One maybe every 2-3 weeks.
[quote="The PDQ":1cxqqz6x]I have the occasional bottle of beer or cider. One maybe every 2-3 weeks.[/quote:1cxqqz6x] And are you ok after it, no heartburn or sick tummy?
TooShyShy Posts: 1180
Only starting to ttc was with my doc last week, she said none at all for the first 12 weeks as this is when the baby gets everything from you, after that the odd drink won't hurt but nothing excessive.
dreamer Posts: 3941
Ooooops, I meant to add I didn't drink anything for the first 12 weeks, but since then I have had a glass of wine once or twice a month!
Does it matter if you had a MAJOR session the weekend before you got the BFP??