antenatal classes & work

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
hey , are you entitled to time of for your antenatal classes, im going to the rotunda and got my list of 5 classes, all in the afternoon from 28 weeks to 34 weeks. am i entitled to time off for all these classes or just the first two? I have been reading citizens advise but it says i can't have the last three as they usually fall when you are on maternity leave which i wont be... any help appreciated
Emomc Posts: 2069
Yes you are entitled to the time off for one set of classes i.e not for every pregnancy. Your employer is entitled to ask for some written confirmation of the dates and times of classes, though mine did'nt, but I gave plenty of notice with dates and times. HTH
X-mas07 Bride Posts: 60
Hi, You are entitled to time off for one set of classes, but not the last three in that set as they suposedly fall during your maternity leave. No way around it i am afraid.
Gingham Posts: 3014
[quote="X-mas07 Bride":q6hzli4q]Hi, You are entitled to time off for one set of classes, but not the last three in that set as they suposedly fall during your maternity leave. No way around it i am afraid.[/quote:q6hzli4q] yeah thats what i thought so i can only get time of for the first two..thats grand once i know...thanks for getting back to me...