Any travel agents

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rigo Posts: 421
Hi Girls I work in a travel agents and the licence is up for renewal just like all other agents. expires on the 30 April. We have hear nothing yet so presume I am out of a job tomorrow. Is anyone else in the same boat? Or whats the chances of the bosses getting the licence tomorrow. the thoughts of being out ot a job so close to Wedding. I know alot of people are but very worried.
emma1980 Posts: 2219
if ur looking for a job within the trade maybe to the tour operators or travel councellors...i got out of that trade a couple of years ago, it was gettin impossible to reach targets, can only imagine what its like now..best of luck O-O
No not looking to leave. Just want to know if you hve any experience in renewing licence? As all agents licences are up for renewal tomorrow and if now you have to close down
surely theyd tell you's if they werent goin to renew their licences. Is your office busy at the mo??
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
Work for one of the tour operators and OMG things are sooo quiet!! Alot been let go out of our office - no comission to be earned anymore and on a pay cut!! My only sanity at the moment is starting maternity leave after saturday!! Best of luck and let us know how you get on - I know alot of the agents have closed down really quickly, gone shocking all this swine flu business aint helping things either! O:|
alsgal Posts: 64
hi rigo i also work in travel and our licence is also up on the 30th :o( technically you can't trade unless your licence is renewed but i know a couple of years ago we did for a month or so cos there was additional information required from commision for aviation regulation and because that took its time to go through,we traded as normal.... i'm sure they'll let you know in a couple of days.. we are all in the same boat, hope all goes ok....
Hi girls Ah thans for your replies. Firstly good luck to everyone who is in the same boat. We got an email and was told that we will find out if not this evening then Friday. So fingers crossed. I will let you now tomorrow for sure.
best of luck rigo, hope all goes well O-O