Anyone every stay in Kilmurry Lodge Hotel Limerick?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Asics Posts: 1935
HI all was just looking at the valentines thread for inspiration as to what to get DH & seen the link for the LIDL breaks some great offers on it :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll just wondering did anyone ever stay in Kilmurry Lodge Hotel Limerick & if so is it nice? Or even better can you recommend somewhere that you have stayed :thnk :wv
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I did! It's nice but I wouldn't stay again - rooms are very dated... Is there any other hotels in Limerick as I have worked in quite a few and can recommend if you like!
Yea theres a few The Lynch South Court Hotel, Clarion Hotel, The Pier Hotel, Best Western Pery's Hotel & The George Boutique Hotel it doesn't have to be Limerick just though it would be handy as its not too far away :thnk
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
STAY AWAY FROM THE SOUTH COURT HOTEL **shudders** George is fab fab fab!!!! Clarion is gorgeous too and would highly recommend! The Pier is new! My friend is the head chef there and the food is gorgeous!
IndigoMoon Posts: 2842
2nd the George. & it is so central
Thanks for the heads up :o)ll :o)ll is there much to do in Limerick shopping, comedy shows etc just seen as we are going to have a quiet weekend without our dd we may aswell make the most of it, can't wait now all excited haven't been away since our wedding in June
shoppergal Posts: 1179
Asics, another vote here for the George, it's lovely and right in the centre of town. There's a gorgeous restaurant underneath it, Chocolat(you'd need to book in advance for a Fri or Sat night) and some really good bars for drinks. There's Dolans down the road which usually have good live gigs at the weekend. There's ok shopping in the city centre but about a mile out of town is the Crescent Shopping Centre which has most of the good chain stores. If you fancy doing touristy stuff, Bunratty Castle is only 15 mins drive. If you or DH is into rugby you could check out if there are any matches on in Thomond Park that weekend. If you do stay in the George there's a gorgeous old style sweet shop on the corner across from it, make sure to visit. Also fab milkshakes and hot chocolates in the Moody Cow milkshare bar next door to it. Hmm, I think that's all I can think of for now, will post if I think of anything else.
Right thats decided im definatly staying in the George now sounds divine, milkshakes, sweets, good live music what more could I want :o)ll :o)ll just have to wait till Wednesday when I get paid to book it. How am I going to keep it a secret? Just have to arrage a baby sitter now & then im sorted :wv