Anyone have a lot of amniotic fluid?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Hi, i was told at both scans that i have a lot of amniotic fluid which might actually account for a few things. Im 26 weeks and babys movements can be faint sometimes like its way inside and also i am fairly big especially when theres still 14 weeks to go (40.5" waist). Just wondering other girls experiences with having a lot of amniotic fluid. Did ye get really really big??
Duffers Posts: 1841
Dont think theres anything really wrong with that though. I know I did with DS deffo, I was all fluid and bump, no weight anywhere else. When they went they just kept coming all the way to the hospital. Your waters replinish themselves, I didnt know that!
Nadie Posts: 1111
I was always being told I had a lot of amniotic fluid on DD. It's a good thing, baby thrives in lots of fluid. Yes, I got quite big but it means you'll lose a lot of weight very quickly in the first two weeks after the baby is born - I lost 20lb in the first two weeks and baby only accounted for 8lb of that, I think most of the rest was the fluid! Towards the end if I jiggled my belly you could hear the sloshing!
lush11 Posts: 2877
No way Nadie, you could actually hear it sloshing, that is mad. I think i am reading too much sh!te on the net cos there are a lot of stuff associated with a lot of fluid.