anyone taking agnus castus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsatlast Posts: 71
just wondering is anyone taking this & still TTC? I heard that you shouldn't take it if you are pregnant, but seeing as it's being taken for irregular periods you might not know if you are... bit of a catch 22! looked it up on the internet & it doesn't explain why it is bad... Thanks Happy Christmas to everyone by the way!
sally Posts: 1140
Im taking it, just started this month so dont know how effective it is. I plan to keep taking it until I know im pregnant.... a few weeks cant do any major harm. There is an earlier post on this a few weeks back which got lots of replies.... that seemed to be the general consensus. You might want to check it out.
mrsatlast Posts: 71
thanks sally, I've only been taking it a couple of weeks as well but just wasn't sure so stopped yesterday. I'll have a look for that post. Thanks!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I've been taking it to regulate my hormones after a miscarriage in November. I'm thinking it's possibly partly responsible for my period returning bang on time this month - though perhaps it would have anyway (sometimes it takes a while for it to come back after a M/C). Have also been feeling very well (less PMT!) since I started it but then I'm also taking a whole raft of other vitamins and minerals! I've checked it out on the web and it says not to use it while pregnant or breastfeeding unless on the advice of your doctor (some midwives in the US advise their patients to continue with it). So if you think you might be expecting, I think you should stop taking it now. Otherwise, I don't think it can do any harm and is supposed to help regulate your cycle, which can only help. Good luck! :wv