Anything I should Know

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FinallyMrsM Posts: 899
I am going to look for my wedding dress tomorrow. I have a few appointments. Obv I have never done this before, Is there anything I should know or anything I need to bring with me??
highbeam Posts: 2578
Have a read of this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=340686 Best of luck! Enjoy it! :o)ll
Ahh deadly. Thanks for that Shampers :)
McLisa Posts: 1815
Wear a good strapless bar and pants you feel comfortable being seen in, although shops varied for me from passing dress into me, to some old school lady squishing herself into changing room with me and being vary handsy :yelrotflmaosmilie: But any embarrassment I felt about being in my underwear soon disappeared after first few dresses. I also made a bit of an effort with my make up an hair, did my hair in similar style i wanted, just loose curls half up with bit volume and did my make up nice, it just made easier to get a feel for what u might look like on the day. Also I'm really short and I'm always in super high heels and all the dresses were trailing on me making it hard to get an idea of how they would sit so I brought my own sky scraper heels with me (will be wearing high heels in the day) as ones they give u in bridal shops are normally little kitten heels. Enjoy dress shopping I loved it and miss doing it so much...the next dress I try on tho will be my wedding dress when it arrives in April. Best of luck and enjoy feeling like a princess :compress
I hope it goes well for me I am actually dreading the whole process to be honest as I have a right bit of weight to lose before the big day. Also as luck would have it AF has arrived and I'm not sure if I should go ahead or not! So confused!
elle1 Posts: 263
i only went to 1 shop and fell in love with the one there. I wore my new white pants and strapless bra so i looked presentable. went in and the lady whips the bra off and says u dont need that (i have pretty large boobs) the dress will look better. the dress did look amazing, but i will be wearing a bra my wedding day because these girls can have a mind of their own. :eek :eek :yelrotflmaosmilie:
I have found one :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I am so so so so so excited now! I fell in love with the 2nd dress I put on. I will not be looking for any more. That is the one and without even knowing it when I tried it on.. It was miles within budget. I am such a happy girl today.
elle1 Posts: 263
[quote="HellsBelles":u0lec4p6]I have found one :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I am so so so so so excited now! I fell in love with the 2nd dress I put on. I will not be looking for any more. That is the one and without even knowing it when I tried it on.. It was miles within budget. I am such a happy girl today.[/quote:u0lec4p6] congrats its a great feeling i was the same one shop, 3rd dress i just knew my face lit up now bring on the wedding O-O
Boo2012 Posts: 315
That's great you got sorted out so quick - its so exciting. Great to have the dress ticked off on the list. :o)ll What did you go for?
Do you know I tried on that many I couldn't even tell you now what it looks like but I know in my heart its the one. It's a Hilary Morgan dress, that's about all I know lol. I'm going back at the end of the week to give my final go ahead and I'll get more info then. Silly I know but it all seems like a distant memory now. :duh: