approx price for alterations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

elliedoyle1975 Posts: 9
Can anyone advise approx prices for wedding dress alterations. My dress is a tulle skirt and comes into the shop down to the ankle (and i'm only 5'1 so on a taller girl its ballerina or tea dress lenght) I want to get mine chopped to just below the knee so its more of a party frock, and i just need a tiny bit of pulling in on the corset. So not complicated alterations. Would anyone know a guesstimate for what i should expect to pay for the above? thanks :-)
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
Cutting tulle is fairly straightforward compared to other alterations with complex lace or fabrics etc. Mine needed a good chunk off a tulle skirt & then taken in at waist shoulders etc. Cost me about 130 sterling from what I can remember.
LadyB2016 Posts: 167
I have a full tulle skirt and needed a good 2 inches off length, lifting at the shoulders and bringing in at the waist and I paid £145 sterling.
lorrimar Posts: 837
The alterations on my dress were €170 -that was to take it in at the waist and all the way down, shorten a length a little, sew in bra cups and add a bustle for the dancing.
czc2017 Posts: 11
My alterations will cost me €170 regardless of the amount of work involved, which is fine with me because the last time I tried it on it was way too long!!