Are you a confrontational person?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

streaks Posts: 3592
Just wondering, of there's something that needs to be said, would you be the one to say it? I would consider myself a no sh1t kinda person and if I think someone has an issue and won't raise it- I'd get in there and say it. I know alot of people who would make a point of saying nothing even if something was really upsetting/ annoying them. So which would you be confrontational or say nothing and take it on the chin?
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
I don't have it in me to be confrontational, I always get weepy when I get into a row, so I prefer to avoid them altogether
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
oh id have to say it, id go mad otherwise O:| :o0 like, theres someone i know, who will give out about something but wont say it to the person its aimed at, so i tell em, grow a pair and stick up for yourself :duh:
frazzledkitty Posts: 882
i'm useless at confronting anyone, i tend to keep things to myself..i run through the argument in my head and nearly end up crying thinking of certain reponses (of this row that i didnt even have yet!) and how would i answer them and i know i'd end up bawling so i tend to leave things be..unless it's my husband, he gets it with both barrells :o0
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Yeah I would be fairly direct and not afraid to say something that needs to be said. I don’t mind complaining or approaching people. I‘d never do it in a confrontational manner though as I think that can only lead to a bad outcome. I don’t really understand how some people can put up with cr&p and not say anything…couldn’t live my life like that- I’d end up with an ulcer or something from the built up anger.
lux Posts: 6270
It depends. I'm better at letting things go than I used to be and I pick my battles now. If I feel I'm being taken advantage of I won't let it go, but I don't raise my voice. If its a serious issue I usually write down what I want to say beforehand to keep myself in check. I think there are dos and don'ts about confrontation, I wouldn't go in "all guns blazing", I'd take a calm, rational approach and state my case.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
[quote="ReginaFalange":a1b8mot5] I‘d never do it in a confrontational manner though as I think that can only lead to a bad outcome. [/quote:a1b8mot5] That's exactly the key isn't it? If you go in screaming and shouting then you just come off as the big bad wolf. If you're calm but firm though, you probably get a better outcome and it would result in less of a row like. For me, depends on what it is. I don't fly off the handle at every little thing. I know someone like this, in my extended family, and every little thing, even a joke, is taken as a slight and this person is MORTALLY offended constantly. That wrecks my head. I can let little things go, I'm a bit live and let live. But if there was a huge issue and somethng had to be resolved, I'd certainly try to resolve it.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
I can confront people if necessary but I'm not confrontational if you get me.