Are you decorating your tables?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Scruff1 Posts: 3139
And if so with what?! Petals, crystals, confetti, etc?!
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
I'm doing my own centrepieces (well own idea getting someone else to do it) this will incorporate crystals scattered on a mirror which will have a goldfish bowl with blue water flowers and candles.
crazyinlove78 Posts: 933
hotel decorating ours....silver candelabras with fresh flowers, 1 less thing for me to do!! :o)ll
Jawl Posts: 8881
My hotels doing it. Mirrored centre pieces, fresh flowers, large candelabras and tea lights.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
Our hotel are providing the centrepieces too but have seen petals/crystals on some wedding sites and was wondering how popular they are. I got samples from one online shop and I wasn't too impressed by them tbh, they just looked so fake!
nelle Posts: 552
Our hotel are decorating ours too - Calla Lilies in tall vases, Candelabras and mirroes. Plus we get the chair cobers with bows so it's handy we don't have to do any of that stuff. Spares us the expence too!!! :wv
bellybabe Posts: 153
Yep, going to have centrepieces that I'll be making myself. Big fish-bowl type things, with stuff inside. Stuff yet to be decided!
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Our venue will provide flowers in tall vases but i don't like that so am doing my own! I have spoken to my florist about pulling off the birdcages similar to these [attachment=1:3d4itiz9]37260_414363727704_628547704_4510288_7306538_n.jpg[/attachment:3d4itiz9] and then I also want candles around them but not tealights, i'm hoping for different shapes and sizes maybe like this [attachment=0:3d4itiz9]containercandles.jpg[/attachment:3d4itiz9]
weddingdiva Posts: 1349
Ah I'm doing birdcage centrepieces too. our hotel normally decorate the tables but are offering us a floral allowance since we were going to decorate them ourselves. I didn't think anyone else would be doing this, great minds think alike I guess, love the photo, hard to get good images of how they are used , Am designing mine a little differently, but I think they are really lovely, and will look really different to other weddings. Oh and I have tracked down 15 birdcages, difficult enough to find, where did you source yours, I need to find 5 more.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="weddingdiva":11vx170o] Oh and I have tracked down 15 birdcages, difficult enough to find, where did you source yours, I need to find 5 more.[/quote:11vx170o] When I explained to my florist what I wanted she loved the idea so much she offered to buy the cages so she could use them for renting out in future. She got them in Heatons