ARGH MIL'S

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

14082010 Posts: 2103
I am fuming here O:| O:| Need to get this off my chest >:o) H2B came in from work tonight and out of the blue says"I was thinking again about getting the 3 amigos for during our wedding meal" :ooh Now this came out of the blue because we had discussed this months ago on the recommendation of HIS MOTHER :action34 but then decided they cost abit too much and we would leave it! So in any way i mentioned last sun when we were in HER house that i had booked a harpist for durin the m eal, and her face dropped and said she would pay for 3 amigos for us, but i just ignored her and carried on >:o) Then H2B comes in and says this, and i knew she had her BEAK in our business again. So as it happens she rang H2B durin today and said to him that HER and ffil had DISCUSSED(NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS) the harpist and it wouldnt be to the taste of her guests :ooh O:| O:| O:| Stupid B**ch. So now H2B is goin along with her :o( :o( Am i over reacting or i am right that it is none of her business and its our day? I am fed up with her sticking her beak in and causin ructions between me and H2B :o( Sorry for rant :wv
sunny505 Posts: 1807
Is it possible that MIL heard that you and h2b wanted the three amigos and the reason you didn't go for them was that you couldn't afford it and was genuinely trying to do something nice?
deda Posts: 1220
Tell your H2B to cut the apron strings he should be supporting your decision not hers and no you are not over reacting
[quote="sunny505":s937ocpm]Is it possible that MIL heard that you and h2b wanted the three amigos and the reason you didn't go for them was that you couldn't afford it and was genuinely trying to do something nice?[/quote:s937ocpm] Thanks for your reply sunny505! No she knew we were thinking about gettin them! Her and ffil were goin to book them at the wedding they were at, but when the fellas told them the price :eek they said thanks but no thanks! And now out of the blue because i have a harpist booked they are willing to pay O:| O:| because their guest, THEIR GUEST, not mine and H2bs would not like it >:o( >:o(
Babyloco Posts: 964
Ok im not sure what these 3 amigos are like or what they do but how can anyone not like a harpist???
[quote="deda":12azatu7]Tell your H2B to cut the apron strings he should be supporting your decision not hers and no you are not over reacting[/quote:12azatu7] Thanks Deda, i know O:| I am after fu**king him into the kitchen and am fuming here >:o) She is so controlling over him and he seems to do things to keep her happy! But i am just FED up with her. and we are not even married yet :o0
[quote="Marilyn Monroe":3me9zcpl]Ok im not sure what these 3 amigos are like or what they do but how can anyone not like a harpist???[/quote:3me9zcpl] They are a 3 piece and go around singing at the tables during the meal O:| I would prefer some nice soothing music rather than that! Her friends and family would all be drinkers :hic !! enough said,whereas i think alot of people would prefer some nice soothing quiet music to talk amongst themselves, because as soon as band starts you cant hear a thing :o0
carolinep34 Posts: 129
[quote="callie07":3cqr9c2g][quote="Marilyn Monroe":3cqr9c2g]Ok im not sure what these 3 amigos are like or what they do but how can anyone not like a harpist???[/quote:3cqr9c2g] They are a 3 piece and go around singing at the tables during the meal O:| I would prefer some nice soothing music rather than that! Her friends and family would all be drinkers :hic !! enough said,whereas i think alot of people would prefer some nice soothing quiet music to talk amongst themselves, because as soon as band starts you cant hear a thing :o0[/quote:3cqr9c2g] I would be like you I'd rather have nice soothing music during the meal. Would this 3 piece band be in keeping with the mood you're conveying at your wedding?
[quote="carolinep34":2xqtllkh][quote="callie07":2xqtllkh][quote="Marilyn Monroe":2xqtllkh]Ok im not sure what these 3 amigos are like or what they do but how can anyone not like a harpist???[/quote:2xqtllkh] They are a 3 piece and go around singing at the tables during the meal O:| I would prefer some nice soothing music rather than that! Her friends and family would all be drinkers :hic !! enough said,whereas i think alot of people would prefer some nice soothing quiet music to talk amongst themselves, because as soon as band starts you cant hear a thing :o0[/quote:2xqtllkh] I would be like you I'd rather have nice soothing music during the meal. Would this 3 piece band be in keeping with the mood you're conveying at your wedding?[/quote:2xqtllkh] No i would love a nice quiet intimate meal, rather than these singers going from table to table O:| O:| I am not cancelling my harpist in any way!! MILS :action34
pins Posts: 243
Keep the head, say thanks for the offer but no thanks, we don't want them. I always find it better to remain polite because the first cross word that comes out of your mouth will be remembered forever, whereas she was just trying to help!