Babs head not engaged

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Girls Am 37 wks and was at doc last friday and he said babs head is still not engaged What can i do to change this, am carrying a big baby so long walks or major excercise out of the question Any tips to get babs moving, only have 3 wks left !!! Is it normal for babies to engage so late? Not sure as this is my first Thanks!!!
Chococat Posts: 1632
Baby's head can engage anytime on your 1st. You could wake up tomorrow & it could be engaged or it could happen the day you go into labor. All pregnancies are different. You will notice when it happens tho. Your bump will be very low. Try not to worry, baby will engage when he/ she is ready.
chicam Posts: 1169
Yep, I'm on my first and it didn't engage til 38 weeks. And I noticed - all of a sudden I felt so much more pressure down below and started to "waddle" rather than walk! Apparently they can engage right up until before labour although normally with 1st babies its sooner. So don't panic if yours hasn't by now.
chloe100 Posts: 97
I'm due next week and the baby's head still isn't engaged so I wouldn't worry!!
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
I heard washing a floor on your hand and knees can help?? who knows? A friend of mine says it worked for her???
under construction Posts: 3458
As the girls have said it can happen anytime. Im not sure if its an old wives tale but i heard walking up and down stairs helps the head the drop