baby ear piercing?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

*bubblez* Posts: 1599
Just wondering would any of you do this or have any of you done this? personally I haven't seen any new babies with this done in recent years but when I was younger it was very popular. In my house we usually got ours done when we were making our communion but a friend of hubbys passed comment about if my little one was a girl she'd bring her to get them done as a present??? I didn't say anything but I wouldn't like it to TBH i just don't think there's a need for it so young... am I alone here?
Fluffer Posts: 2672
I think it's very tacky! Sorry :-8 I don't mind them when they're of communion age but i think it looks very cheap on babies!
MotherNature Posts: 317
I think it's disgusting. Why on earth do parents feel the need to do that to a kid? It's always scangery people too.
Fluffer Posts: 2672
Crazy lady just tell them that you'd hate to put your little angel through that pain and you'd rather wait until a time when they decide they want it themselves. Say that you remember how excited you were when you were getting it done and you'd love your kids to remember getting it done. Don't feel pressured into something you're not comfortable with. :wv
gbirishgirl Posts: 246
absolutely agree with the others - can't believe they'd just tell you they were going to bring your child to have their ears done rather than "we were wondering what you thought of..."!! I know it's traditional in Spain for small babies to have their ears pierced but I hadn't heard of it in Ireland...
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i thnik its horrible i would defo not do it
bellabella Posts: 2750
I agree with you all, it's so common.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
When sil was pregant with her first baby we were all joking she should get this done and we would all chip in for the first pair of hoops for the baby :o0 :o0 :o0 till other sil piped up then when she has her first girl they will have their ears pierced asap as its tradition where she comes from in Brazil, fil's face was priceless :eek :eek :eek
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I think its a bit cheap looking too. Just tell your freind no!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
no no no no no no no! I think jewellery looks awful on babies especially earrings. And why would you put a little baby through that discomfort and pain (remember how much your ears throbbed when you got ears pierced?) when the poor little mite has no say or understanding of what's going on. NO to earrings for babies. >:o(