baby measuring big at 34 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aperature Posts: 280
hi girls, just wondering if anyone else had a baby that was measuring 'big' at one of their scans but ended up normal size?! i had a growth scan yesterday ( due to DS being a 9lb 9 baby) and they said that this little one, which is 34 wks along, is measuring 4 weeks ahead....and already 6lb 8 oz. DS was a section baby after failure to induce. they won't induce again because of this, and doc said vaginal delivery is policy.....unless i don't go myself then c-section. i really really don't want to push a big baby out!!!! thing is, i look much smaller and neater this time and was full sure he was going to tell me she was a small little thing! any reassurance?!
jen2 Posts: 3106
Those scans can be way out. Either lighter or heavier. On Dd1 was told at 37 wks that I would have a 6-7 lbs baby. DD arrived 2 wks later nearly 9 lbs. On dd2 at the 30 wk scan she was measuring 5lbs and 33 wks gest. 3 wks later she was measuring 5 lbs 5 oz and the said about 33 wks 3 days gest. So in 3 weeks according to measurements she but on 5 oz and only had 3 days growth. I think the measurements are a guide. But the can be out up to a lb either side. I'm only 17 wks and last week at scan was told that it's already a big baby. How can they tell. I don't do small babies anyway... Mine are all very tall now! Best of luck. Really don't worry