Back to back presentation?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Hi girls, Just back from GP and baby's head is nearly fully engaged but she is lying on her back (explains strong kicks!!!) was just wondering how did any of u either get bub to turn or go through labour with this presentation. I know it does make it more painful which isn't good news for me as I can't have any pain relief ....also does it slow things down?? She is measuring big already so even more fun LOL :o0 Sorry for daft q's but am not seeing gynea for another two weeks and thought someone on here may know, am not nervous about it bub has to come out one way or another but more would like to know so can prepare myself :o0
randomusername Posts: 2134
http://www.pregnancy.org/question/what- ... -baby-turn Found this link to a doula site where they give exercises to help turn baby. I think the consultant will also try to turn baby before labour and I had heard that you should ask them not to break your waters (where applicable) because if the baby is still inside the sac it makes for an easier labour where baby is posterior
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
ok the bad news ye sit def makes labour longer and more painful...........now dont cry here comes the good news its actually easy to turn baba yourself.....basically you need to spend as much time on all fours as possibeso scrubbing floors etc are great for watching tv etc in the evening ban the couch get a kitchen chair stradle it and lean on the back so the back is facing your bump. use a birthball to sit on too
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
DS wriggled round to back-to-back position just before I went into labour, I was none the wiser till I was examined in the labour ward. My early labour pains were ALL in my back and I had practically no pain at the front at all. I had to get DH to rub my lower back really hard during contractions and a heat pad helped too. Babs twisted back round the right way some time during the night, and was delivered the right way, he didn't like to stay still at all :o0
bunnyhop1 Posts: 419
Hi Bambi...I went into labour without knowing baba was back to back...I figured it out about 24 hours in :o0 ...All my pain was in the back of my pelvis so I told the midwife when I got to the labour ward and she said they would check when I was fully dilated...which they did and low and behold I was right!!So the doc exaimed and said baba was favourable to try turn her...which she did sucessfully :ooh Note I had the epi...my mam also had a back to back delivery on my bro and would def advise gettin it!!!It was grand...the only prob I had was afterwards...going to the loo was extremely painful for about 6-8 weeks and had to get meds from the doc for that... I hope you have a safe delivery Bambi...try not to worry!!! Good luck Bunny :o)ll :o)ll
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
another one here with bubba who was back to back, got the epidural and doc turned baby, did need a bit of help getting him out due to his position and size, this was with forceps, was very glad i got epidural as couldn't feel a thing. Now i had alot of pain in my lower back too before the epi too. Please god you'll have a speedy labour and bubs might turn in the meantime. Ps. its mrskia07 here :wv Hope your lil lady is doing well, am sure she's gonna be a great big sis :heartbeat:
maisedon Posts: 1394
DD was back to back too - but my labour was very quick and I swear to God it was not painful!! I did have to push her for an hour, and that was the hardest part. I had no pain in my back whatsoever and did not have an epidural, only gas and air. She did get distressed though and my consultant arrived to deliver her by ventouse, he also manually turned her the right way around when she was coming out. This baby is also back to back (has been at every scan so far) and chances are that subsequent pregnancys will be the same, but my consultant has told me that there is nothing to suggest that I will have to push this baby for as long. Please don't worry.....
neeov Posts: 4256
DD moved during the labour Here is a good site http://www.spinningbabies.com/
alton Posts: 3077
DS back to back but turned in early labour and I think the fact that I felt compelled to get on my hands and knees with my bum stuck up in the air might have had something to do with it. They say that the trick is to create a sort of hammock for the baby, so that you always hang your bump forward. So for instance, sit leaning slightly forward (instead of slumping back on the couch) or kneel with your elbows resting on a pile of cushions. In the car, a wedged cushion can be helpful to tilt you a little, and swimming is supposed to be really good as well. Try not to sleep on your back, and when all else fails get down on your hands and knees and start scrubbing the floor. Can't think what else you're supposed to do!
Hellothere2010 Posts: 2358
I went into labour with baby in OP position. they used foreceps and turned him as he came out. I think he turned in the couple of days before labour. But they said that right up until labour baby can turn to proper position