Balls - what size?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trillian Posts: 1685
Okay sorry if those of you with dirty minds were hoping for something more lurid - but I'm confused about gym balls. I want to get one for perching on at home, but they come in a whole lot of sizes. The one I'm looking at goes from 45cm to 95 cm, what's the best size does anyone know? I'm 1.76 tall, I assume that makes a difference?
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
What height is that in feet and inches? Can you go and try them out and see what is the most comfy? I have a similar dilemma - ones I was looking at online were 65cm and 75cm which seem pretty big. Would be interested to hear what size other girls have.
Haha Pigeonwife in your 18th century measurements I'm 5 10 - 30cm is roughly one foot. I'm looking online so can't really tell - I don't want one that'll be so high my feet can't be flat, and so low it's hard to manage when I'm (even) bigger. Hmm. I suppose it makes sense they come in different sizes, the stuff you learn whne pregnant eh?
[quote="Trillian":2rtf5aox]Haha Pigeonwife in your 18th century measurements I'm 5 10 - 30cm is roughly one foot. [/quote:2rtf5aox] Don't know where you are but those are the standard measurements we use in Ireland. :eek :eek :eek
I learned metric and have used that my whole life in Ireland (I'll admit with some resistance normally from older people)- am in Holland right now but that makes no difference. Metric is the official system in Irleand too btw - when did you last see a shop that sells in pounds? Or a sign in miles? Why anyone wnts to keep that imperial system is beyond me. Doesn't help with my ball though. Anyone? Maybe I can find a shop I can go and try it out, the online deal seems good you see.
PrincessLea Posts: 436
Hiya Trillian! The ball is supposed to be high enough for your hips to be above your knees (and your feet flat on the floor - or you'd prob fall off!!!) I'm 178 cm (or 5'11 for you oldies) and I have a 65cm ball which is perfect when I'm at home in my bare feet. Am just about to get one for work (well, get work to get one for me!) and will prob go for a 75cm one so I can keep my shoes on. Hope that helps and happy bouncing :o)ll
Excellent thank you! I hadn't thought of getting one for work too but that's a great idea, I'm off to order now.
[quote="Trillian":3l13k04z]I learned metric and have used that my whole life in Ireland (I'll admit with some resistance normally from older people)- am in Holland right now but that makes no difference. Metric is the official system in Irleand too btw - when did you last see a shop that sells in pounds? Or a sign in miles? Why anyone wnts to keep that imperial system is beyond me.[/quote:3l13k04z] [quote="PrincessLea":3l13k04z](or 5'11 for you oldies)[/quote:3l13k04z] Well I'm only 31 (since yesterday) and still buy a lb of mince with no problems in any shop I've ever been in! We only changed over here a few years ago and everyone I know still uses miles, lbs, feet and inches. And that goes for people alot younger than me too. As for where you live - it does make a difference if everyone around you uses the metric system and has done all their lives. Good luck with the ball. Watch out for the shipping tho. I found a great deal on amazon and then the shipping was going to be about 4 times the cost of the ball. So still no ball for me.
PrincessLea Posts: 436
Keep your cacks on pidgeon wife! Only messin with ya, and I'm 34 on Sunday if that makes you feel any better! :yelrotflmaosmilie: I got my ball on ebay, can't remember how much I paid for it, think around the 30 euro mark, but it;s a top of the range anti burst birthing ball.... You can get the excercise balls in Argos, for about a tenner and they''re exactly the same thing, does the job just as well!!! they;re the ones work are getting us, I did a bit of a campain the other week and managed to talk all the girls into wanting excercise balls so now we're getting 10 to rotate around the office.
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
I got an anti burst ball in Lidl 2 weeks ago for €6. It's a 65cm ball and I'm 5'6" if that's any help. I saw them in Dunnes and Tesco but don't remember how much they were.