BFP on Baby no.2!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Merrylegs Posts: 209
Delighted, we just got our BFP on baby No. 2, we're both over the moon..have a little DD who will be 2yrs when baba no.2 arrives!! Think i'm still in shock. Did a (website cheapie) test on Christmas mornin and got a BFN then did a clearblue tonight and got 1-2 weeks pregnant! :o)ll :o)ll Now all i need to know is "Whats next??" LOL i've totally forgotten everything - do i go to the docs now for confirmation or wait till 12 weeks...do i start my pregnacare straight away - can I pick our DD up like i used too - my heads just spinning right now....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :o)ll
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
ah congrats!!! i didn't go to GP this time, just booked in with my consultant as soon as i got a BFP but maybe ring the hospital and see. i never took pregnacare on either pregnancy as consultant said it wasn't necessary but make sure you are taking folic acid. you can defo pick up your DD, i still carry my big lump of a DS around and can't see that stopping until i'm physically incapable!!!! here's to a happy, healthy 9 months! :stork:
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
Congratulations :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll You can go to the doctor as soon as you like but I waited until I was 5+ weeks to go because the doctors tests are less sensitive than clear blue. Like the other poster says you dont have to go to GP but if your doing combined care you will have to book in with GP anyway. You should start the pregnacare straight away. I also still carry my DD around just like I did before and she is a heavy lump, your used to the weight so you should just continue on as normal.
Oh thanks for replies ladies...thats great to hear! I think i'll wait the few weeks anyway - We're sooooooooo happy! I'm gonna so embrace this pregnancy, gonna be so much more calm ( i hope:) :xox
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
you will be so much more calm, i promise! half the time i forget i'm pregnant as i'm so busy with DS whereas i could have told you what was happening with his development every week when i was pregnant with him and what size fruit he was at each stage!!! or if i do think of it i think about the pregnancy or my body rather than another child, had my 2nd scan today and i was like, oh yeah, the baby!!!!
haha BB thats hilarious...and great the time will fly in too!! Blessed to be pregnant with no.2 - feel so so lucky!!! O:o)
Dee78 Posts: 263
Congrats Merrylegs!! What a lovely Christmas present to get! I'm only on my first but doctor and consultant told me no need to take pregnacare or supplements if my diet is good and I was on the folic acid but came off that around 13/14 weeks. Best of luck with your pregnancy!