blood results update

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi folks, I went to the doctor this morning, I got the blood results which were up but not as much as he'd like. He did a quick internal scan. The foetus is larger 4mm and he "thinks" he's seen a heartbeat. He's a little concerned as I seem so "early" still but he said (using his words) "all the signs are positive and all we need is a little patience". Im seeing him again in 3 weeks. Im really hoping that any day now Im going to hit with a wave of morning sickness or some sign that things are progressing ok. Does anyone know how long a foetus is at circa 12weeks? x sg.
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
Sorry i can't be of any help there, but just wanted to say stay positive and best of luck to you.
bellabella Posts: 2750
I pm'd you. 4mm is great by the way, it's the same as me at 7 weeks.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
didnt someone post a website address last week that shows you how the foetus is progressing dont know if that would be a help to you swissgirl, best of luck
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Hi Swissgirl, I'm sure everything's fine, look on this website, it shows you week by week progress and how big the foetus is. HTH www.babycentre.co.uk
Thanks guys, Im feeling positive, Im going to be good and try and "learn" patience! :-8 sg
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Ahhh easier said than done though isn't it ! xx
Oh my God you are telling me! I think we need to set up a patience support group :o0 Im mentally trying to write a list of activites to occupy my thoughts. So far I have: 1. reread harry potters 1-6 2. paint new kitchen (need to find out if allowed to use paint) 3. sort out wardrobe and throw away clothes not worn in 2 years. patience O:| patience O:| patience O:|
Heavenleigh Posts: 1406
Hi swissgirl, i am sure all wil be fine, it sounds so positive.....I was nearly the same as you...went to the doc at 5 weeks to get a confirmation but he coulndĀ“t see nothing and i had to wait one week :-( It was soooo hard...a week later he saw the baby which was only around 2mm then...going to get another internal scan this afternoon to check for a heartbeat... I know how hard it is to keep your mind occupied, but you will see all is grand the next time, we are nearly twins so i will keep my fingers crossed for yuo till you know :xxx
Sassy Posts: 2269
Just wanted to say good luck. Try and keep positive and keep us informed, we will be thinking of you.