Blue Cheese dip where to get??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

quietlife Posts: 475
Just wondering where id get a nice blue cheese dip for chicken wings. have looked in Dunnes, Tesco aldi and lidl????
R2theB Posts: 1660
Make your own, it's [i:um2jk8da]really[/i:um2jk8da] easy and delicous. All you need is good crumbly blue cheese like stilton, sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and seasoning. 2-3 tbsp of sc and mayo mixed with juice of half a lemon and crumbled blue cheese, season to taste. So simple and tastes great!! None of the ready-made ones are as good as this.
hestia Posts: 2368
Did someone say stilton?
[quote="hestia":moi4qv9k]Did someone say stilton?[/quote:moi4qv9k] :o0 Hark! She speaks of cheese.
hestia Posts: 2368
Just wanted to say stilton. You know how it is. A rare strain of tourettes afflicting cheese lovers. Like the cut of that recipe R2theB. Gonna get me some of that.
Meggi Posts: 383
That sounds lovely, just edited my shopping list to include sour cream. How long does a batch of that last (on the off-chance it's not all demolished in one sitting)?
Haha, pretty sure you'll eat it all in one go, I'd actually eat it with a spoon on it's own it's that nice. But it'd probably last a couple of days if you cling wrap the bowl/container it's in and keep refridgerated. Forgot to mention, the more cheese the better, I like it to be really thick, you can also add a bit more flavour/heat by crushing a small clove of garlic and mixing it in. Sometimes in a garlicky humour and sometimes not. ALWAYS in a cheese humour. Mmmmmmmm.
MrsOC2012 Posts: 595
[quote="R2theB":92l4oz5u]Make your own, it's [i:92l4oz5u]really[/i:92l4oz5u] easy and delicous. All you need is good crumbly blue cheese like stilton, sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and seasoning. 2-3 tbsp of sc and mayo mixed with juice of half a lemon and crumbled blue cheese, season to taste. So simple and tastes great!! None of the ready-made ones are as good as this.[/quote:92l4oz5u] +1 to this. Blue cheese dip is soooo easy to make and so goddam delicious I'd eat it with a spoon!!!
Meggi Posts: 383
Thanks for that. Looking forward to giving it a go. Can't wait to taste it. My decidedly cheeseless stir-fry lunch is not looking in the least appealing now.
quietlife Posts: 475
thanks a mill girlies will get the ingredients and give it a go :lvs sounds delish :heartbeat: