Book for fathers to be

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunny505 Posts: 1807
Anyone got a good recommendation of a book that would help DH. He is really excited. Would love to get him a good book from the father's perspective :thnk
Ochre Posts: 877
My DH has one at home, i'll check the name of it tonight and let you know. It's both informative and very funny.
DaisyB Posts: 1708
sorry dont have one.... but just wanted to say congrats to you my wedding twin :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll x
Thanks Ochre, that would be great. Thanks a million Daisy B. Funny you should post. I was thinking about your earlier. And saying o look there's my wedding twin - wish I was where she was!! Can't wait to wish away these first few weeks - hoping and praying everything will go okay. I think I am four to five weeks. Want to get beyond 14 and relax a bit more about the whole thing. But it's sooooooooo exciting, isn't it??
PetiteFeet Posts: 506
Congrats on the baby wishing you a great pregnancy! I bought my DH quite a few books to try to get him more involved and would recommend 'The Blokes Guide to ..' series. He has the guide to Preganacy, Babies and Baby Gadgets and they have all gone down pretty well. Funny and accesible but will all the key info and easy to dip in and out of. We got them online from amazon and they were only a couple of pounds each. Hope that helps x
Anne Boleyn Posts: 709
My DH got two books- one is a humorous take on pregnancy called "My Boys Can Swim"(!!!), & the other one is a bit more informative, it's called "The Expectant Father- Facts, Tips and Advice for Dads-to-Be" by Armin A. Brott & Jennifer Ash. It's quite good.
DaisyB Posts: 1708
[quote="sunny505":2s1aq1jz]Thanks Ochre, that would be great. Thanks a million Daisy B. Funny you should post. I was thinking about your earlier. And saying o look there's my wedding twin - wish I was where she was!! Can't wait to wish away these first few weeks - hoping and praying everything will go okay. I think I am four to five weeks. Want to get beyond 14 and relax a bit more about the whole thing. But it's sooooooooo exciting, isn't it??[/quote:2s1aq1jz] ah congrats its great news...yeah i felt the same but i seriously cant believe how quick it has gone so far, it will just fly for you too....so exciting! :o)ll
Ochre Posts: 877
Pregnancy for men - the whole nine months by mark woods - I really like it myself!
macsmissus Posts: 928
My hubby has this one - I've read bits myself and found it funny, yet informative. http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/4938 ... oduct.html
Thanks a million girls. Will get me onto Amazon :o)ll :o)ll