Boots or Mothercare TENS machine....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
Hi, I was wondering if anyone of you know if the TENS machine from mothercare or Boots are any good. And which one you would recommend...? They both seem to cost the same and have the same options of renting period. I know you can also rent from Tesco, but Mothercare & Boots would be easier for me to return them afterwards to... Thanks :wv
Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
At my antenatal sat the midwife recommends to get one of these, they are great for any back pain, she said if you log into neurotech.ie you can rent or buy these for much cheaper than any other chemist,. worth taking a look. We also were recommended to buy a thermo focus thermometer, not all chemists do them, they are €85 but you don't even have to touch baby to get temp, it takes temp of a room as well.... Im going to look into these myself today...
totalnovice Posts: 787
I ordered the MamaTens online from the UK, after it being recommended to me by loads of people. Cost €70 including delivery.
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Totalnovice, what site did you order it from? Is it similar to the ones you hire??
alton Posts: 3077
I was looking at the leaflet for the one in Boots today but it doesn't seem to have a boost function on it. Any mums that I've known who've used one said that the boost button was such a psychological lift when the contractions were bad.
totalnovice Posts: 787
This is the link to the one I bought it (u can also rent it): It has a boost button and is specifically for labour. Its been recommended on here before and by a few friends
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
thanks totalnovice. Think I will go for this one. Havent decided on buying or renting though... :-8 Will decide over the weekend and order it next week. :-8